quieter exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

i recently got done converting my engine back to all motor and had to install a header. It is some POS ebay cheap header and it sounds too buzzy. the rest of my exhaust is 2.5 inch with no cat and magnaflow muffler. Is there a way to eliminate the buzzing or quiet down the exhaust system? What mufflers would you recommend?

thanks

also ive foudn that magnaflow in general is jsut a very raspy company. ive only heard one of their mufflers taht didnt sound that raspy and it was their titanium one on a wrx and it still had that wrong sound too it. with exhaust comes certain things. if you want it to sound good you might as well spend the money on a hks cat back or invidia, apex'i, those 3 are the deep sounding ones for teh most part because they include a prety well packed resonator. also, depending on where you live exhaust is not worth it. i have 12 modified exhaust tickets and where i live they are now a non-fix it ticket and a mandatory $151.40 fine. BS i know! good luck man!

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Install a cat, and a resonator in teh B pipe.
[post=530863]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Get the largest resonator you can added into your exhaust system.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 25 2005, 10:49 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Install a cat, and a resonator in teh B pipe.
[post=530863]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Get the largest resonator you can added into your exhaust system.
[post=531111]Quoted post[/post]​

Double :werd: and an :withstupid: to boot.

Only I'd use 2 resonators, ditch the cat, and give mother nature the bird. :fuckyou2:

kevint427
@Jul 25 2005, 03:17 PM
also ive foudn that magnaflow in general is jsut a very raspy company. ive only heard one of their mufflers taht didnt sound that raspy and it was their titanium one on a wrx and it still had that wrong sound too it. with exhaust comes certain things. if you want it to sound good you might as well spend the money on a hks cat back or invidia, apex'i, those 3 are the deep sounding ones for teh most part because they include a prety well packed resonator. also, depending on where you live exhaust is not worth it. i have 12 modified exhaust tickets and where i live they are now a non-fix it ticket and a mandatory $151.40 fine. BS i know! good luck man!
[post=530865]Quoted post[/post]​

And now for you.... <_<

How can you possibly say that Magnaflow is Raspy? I almost thought about listening to what you had to say until you listed HKS and APEX. Good god man. I had the Apex N1 on my coupe with the built GSR motor and it sounded like crap IMO. It was way raspy. And then you go and tell him to use the "resonator". Those "resonators" are nothing more than shitty caps on your muffler that create backpressure and defeate the purpose of a high flowing muffler to begin with, and cars with those are the ones that drive around sounding like a bloated PMSing bumble bee. Then you site that you have 12 modified exhaust tickets. You obviously have no fucking clue what quiet even sounds like do you?

Magnaflow = :thumbsup: a hundred times over. They are far superior in sound and construction than any exhaust system you listed. I can think of at least a dozen people on this website alone that have magnaflow exhaust and are extremely happy with them. No raspyness at all. (If that's even a word)

Thanks for making me type so much and ruining my high. Now I gotta take another bongrip. You can PM me for where to send the 5 bux you owe me for the bowl..... :p

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 25 2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for making me type so much and ruining my high. Now I gotta take another bongrip. You can PM me for where to send the 5 bux you owe me for the bowl..... :p
[post=531126]Quoted post[/post]​

No wonder you're so wound up all the time... plus you buy some pretty cheap weed! :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 25 2005, 11:34 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Jul 25 2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for making me type so much and ruining my high. Now I gotta take another bongrip. You can PM me for where to send the 5 bux you owe me for the bowl.....  :p

No wonder you're so wound up all the time... plus you buy some pretty cheap weed! :lol:
[post=531151]Quoted post[/post]​

:p

Naw, $20 a gram and you get 4 bowls out of a gram. And yeah, that's pretty much the routine, go to work, get off work, smoke copious amounts of weed, go on Hondaswap, and piss people off. :lol:

shit thats what i do at work....smoke and try to piss slammer off....lol.....good shit mang

btw magnaflow= :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 26 2005, 06:25 PM

Naw, $20 a gram and you get 4 bowls out of a gram.
[post=531390]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuckin' ouch, some er, "friends of mine" used to get 10g 1/4's for $20.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 26 2005, 01:29 PM
[post=531505]Quoted post[/post]​

:) No such thing as a 10 gram 1/4....sounds like you got 10 grams of stress for $20 which is a typical scenario out here in So Cal...
sohcslammer is referring to kron ;)
ok enough of that subject.... MagnaFlow is a good deep sounding exhaust in my opinion. If you really want to eliminate noise of the exhaust, I would install an RS*R ExMag. Just an opinion though.

Originally posted by jdmeg6+Jul 26 2005, 10:51 PM-->
@Jul 26 2005, 01:29 PM

:) No such thing as a 10 gram 1/4....sounds like you got 10 grams of stress for $20 which is a typical scenario out here in So Cal...
ok enough of that subject.... MagnaFlow is a good deep sounding exhaust in my opinion. If you really want to eliminate noise of the exhaust, I would install an RS*R ExMag. Just an opinion though.
[post=531514]Quoted post[/post]​

Trust me kid, I know exactly what I am talking about ;)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 26 2005, 02:00 PM
[post=531518]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, I'll take your word for it then, damn good deal :)

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 26 2005, 01:25 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 25 2005, 11:34 PM
sohcslammer
@Jul 25 2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for making me type so much and ruining my high. Now I gotta take another bongrip. You can PM me for where to send the 5 bux you owe me for the bowl.....  :p

[post=531151]Quoted post[/post]​

:p

Naw, $20 a gram and you get 4 bowls out of a gram. And yeah, that's pretty much the routine, go to work, get off work, smoke copious amounts of weed, go on Hondaswap, and piss people off. :lol:
[post=531390]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, $20/g out here too. and i basically have the same routine. except i try to not piss people off and i prob smoke more weed. and i dont know shit about exhausts, sorry. but magnaflow seems to be good. i mean, i have heard of magnaflow WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY before i have ever heard of apex or hks.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 26 2005, 05:00 PM-->
Originally posted by jdmeg6@Jul 26 2005, 10:51 PM
92b16vx
@Jul 26 2005, 01:29 PM

[post=531514]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=531518]Quoted post[/post]​

Isn't it legal over there? :)

My exhaust came with a silencer that goes in my muffler you should see if you can get one of those yo. Oh and Shadney pay me for those Type-RRRRRRRRR Pistons yo sell those damn things I need the money like Lisa Blue. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 27 2005, 05:30 PM
Isn't it legal over there? :)
[post=531921]Quoted post[/post]​

In Amsterdam, not Germany :)

should've spoke up eariler, but i have two cherry bomb mufflers. Very cheap $16 a peice and i am happy with the sound. nice low tone at most rpms ranges. some resonence bbetween 3000 and 3800 though.

Speaking of whitch...........John I have the bomber ;)

10/gram here for some nice Dank shit.

East Coasters need West Coasters prices. Cause you guys' weed is better than ours.

As for the exhuast, magnaflow is decent. I was thinking about getting one for the audi. Then I heard Remus on a VW and it sounds incredible.

Magnaflows been around for a while and knows how to build a decent muffler.

Add a couple resonators to cut down on the raspyiness. One should probably do it. They're less than 100 bucks and it's worth it.

As for the dude with the 12 tickets...it's time for a new exhuast. I mean it took me a while to learn my lesson, but not 12 times.

Back