quieter exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 25 2005, 11:08 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 25 2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Install a cat, and a resonator in teh B pipe.
[post=530863]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Get the largest resonator you can added into your exhaust system.
[post=531111]Quoted post[/post]​

Double :werd: and an :withstupid: to boot.

Only I'd use 2 resonators, ditch the cat, and give mother nature the bird. :fuckyou2:

kevint427
@Jul 25 2005, 03:17 PM
also ive foudn that magnaflow in general is jsut a very raspy company. ive only heard one of their mufflers taht didnt sound that raspy and it was their titanium one on a wrx and it still had that wrong sound too it. with exhaust comes certain things. if you want it to sound good you might as well spend the money on a hks cat back or invidia, apex'i, those 3 are the deep sounding ones for teh most part because they include a prety well packed resonator. also, depending on where you live exhaust is not worth it. i have 12 modified exhaust tickets and where i live they are now a non-fix it ticket and a mandatory $151.40 fine. BS i know! good luck man!
[post=530865]Quoted post[/post]​

I can think of at least a dozen people on this website alone that have magnaflow exhaust and are extremely happy with them. No raspyness at all. (If that's even a word)

[post=531126]Quoted post[/post]​

I am one of the dozen. Magnaflow doesn't add any coloration to the exhaust note at all. Unlike some other companies that design their mufflers to increase the volume, and/or pitch. Have you ever ran a test pipe? well do that, then put on a Magnaflow exhaust....sounds identical, but 1000X quieter.

Magnaflow/Carsound = :thumbsup:

Back