Quiting my job on short notice.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

I was just wondering what to tell them when I don't wanna show up tonite. I need to quit in order to go back to school, its better for me to quit...and I'm fed up with this job anyhow, BUT I do wanna quit but not piss everyone off....so I need something good to tell them, so they will be upset I quit, but not want to beat my ass and understand why I did quit...give me some ideas. I could just not call/no show but Thats the wrong thing to do, well so is just quiting when they are expecting you to work the rest of the week, and next week....But I wanna start school on thurs. and Don't wanna work till then. by the way it is a 10-7 job, over nights....BLAH I can't work and go to school here....but want to start school up again while I am still in the mood for it. So hook me up, other than my grandparents died and need to go family things, because I think most of my close family have been killed off at my work, (or so they think) so, Lets get some good ideas flowing.

just tell em you quit, it's the easiest thing to do, getting fired can get u unemployment for a little while though.

Call em up. tell them you aren't coming in. Unless you want them to call you constantly tonight...

Don't I have to be working at a job for at least 6mo. for unemployment? I am goingto call them up and tell them I'm not coming in, but I am looking for something to tell them why I'm not coming in....

just tell them the truth.

as a last min. thing, you enrolled in school and it starts asap, and you need time to get books, and on a normal sleep schedule.

Yeah I might have too do that, But some people believe because this job is their life, that it should be every other employees as well.....jesh....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2003, 08:35 AM
just tell them the truth.

as a last min. thing, you enrolled in school and it starts asap, and you need time to get books, and on a normal sleep schedule.

:werd: :withstupid: the truth never hurt's....sometimes

Originally posted by djyox@Nov 4 2003, 07:40 AM
I was just wondering what to tell them when I don't wanna show up tonite. I need to quit in order to go back to school, its better for me to quit...and I'm fed up with this job anyhow, BUT I do wanna quit but not piss everyone off....so I need something good to tell them, so they will be upset I quit, but not want to beat my ass and understand why I did quit...give me some ideas. I could just not call/no show but Thats the wrong thing to do, well so is just quiting when they are expecting you to work the rest of the week, and next week....But I wanna start school on thurs. and Don't wanna work till then. by the way it is a 10-7 job, over nights....BLAH I can't work and go to school here....but want to start school up again while I am still in the mood for it. So hook me up, other than my grandparents died and need to go family things, because I think most of my close family have been killed off at my work, (or so they think) so, Lets get some good ideas flowing.

Just tell them that you are pursuing other opportunities that will allow you to further your career. When does school actually start? You could at least give them a week to be respectful, otherwise just tell them the truth.

And you cannot collect unemployment when it is voluntary that you leave yoru position unless you can prove that you were basically FORCED to quit and/or resign.

Originally posted by sisteve@Nov 4 2003, 08:56 AM
And you cannot collect unemployment when it is voluntary that you leave yoru position unless you can prove that you were basically FORCED to quit and/or resign.

yeah but I can always go in and start hell up....but I do however want to quit tomorrow, school actualy starts thurs....I planed on going to work while doing it, but the way I sleep there is no way in hell.....I SLEEP TOO DAMN MUCH! I hate my job, have been hating it ever sence I started witch was 3 months ago....wanted to quit my first day....but I held out, and also they wouldn't move me to 2-10 like I asked rather they hired people that would have been willing to work overnites into the 2-10....and that alone kinda pisses me off.

Don't bullshit them...you may burn a bridge that you might want to cross in the future. Tell them the truth... As a supervisor I would like more notice then a two minute warning, but I have also quit jobs with no notice. If you bullshit them, you will have to remember what story you told who. When they find out you bullshitted them (THEY WILL FIND OUT) you will look worse for lying. If they can't handle the truth, then it is their problem.

Originally posted by Fastciv1@Nov 4 2003, 10:10 AM
Don't bullshit them...you may burn a bridge that you might want to cross in the future. Tell them the truth... As a supervisor I would like more notice then a two minute warning, but I have also quit jobs with no notice. If you bullshit them, you will have to remember what story you told who. When they find out you bullshitted them (THEY WILL FIND OUT) you will look worse for lying. If they can't handle the truth, then it is their problem.

good guy right there.

your boss is not a telemarketer, its not okay to lie to them. :lol:

Tell them you are going out of town for a family emergency, call a few days later, and tell them you quit, because you decided to move in with family. Some shit like that. Last job I gave notice, it is the best thing to do, but if not I say lie. The worst they can do is call you a liar.

yeah think I am with you on that one, but want something good...I dunno what....because they don't stop asking questions like they are filling out a fucking report...jesh

dude just go in ... top shelf the fuckin toilet and tell them you regret that you have to inform them on such short notice but you are going to have to quit

if they ask why... just tell them you will be attending school full time or some shit

anything after the top shelfing is compleatly unimportant... you could just walk out and never call or never show up again for all it matters

ya, just do the right thing and call them up and say:

boss:

Im putting in my resignation as of tonite. I have a chance at going back to school full time to persue my goals in life.

Originally posted by djyox@Nov 4 2003, 09:28 AM
ok....how about you guys just tell me some lies you have used for no show one nighter?

Gee whiz... how about you just tell them the fucking truth? Is it really that difficult? Your reasons for quitting sound reasonable to me. Don't get into the habit of lying, especially when the truth is no big deal. Be an adult about this and just take the full responsibility for your actions. <_<

:roll:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 4 2003, 11:33 AM
ya, just do the right thing and call them up and say:

boss:

Im putting in my resignation as of tonite. I have a chance at going back to school full time to persue my goals in life.

yup :)

Originally posted by djyox@Nov 4 2003, 07:40 AM
... I need to quit in order to go back to school,...

thats perfect. thats all you need to tell them.

Back