Quiting my job on short notice.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Nov 4 2003, 02:31 PM-->
@Nov 4 2003, 02:16 PM
:withstupid:

but dont forget to top shelf the place

top shelf?

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=223080

Top Shelf (v.) To poop in the upper portion of a camode, toilet, whereas the poop shall flow into the bowl upon each flush until all the poop is dissolved.
y0, I just totally top shelfed McD's

:)

If Iquit my job I am definetly top shelfing it. I should go back to my old store and top shelf it.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 4 2003, 02:31 PM
top shelf?

That's fucking hilarious, and gross...I can't believe Tony didn't know what it was. :lol:

whenever I forget how young most of you guys are a thread like this pops up and I am reminded just how OLD I am

if isn't too late, be a man, tell the truth, be sincerely apologetic & leave the top-shelf stuff to 'Jackass'

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Nov 4 2003, 08:12 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 4 2003, 07:29 PM
Tonyd0821
@Nov 4 2003, 02:31 PM
top shelf?

That's fucking hilarious, and gross...I can't believe Tony didn't know what it was. :lol:

sorry, im not too schooled in the art of defacation....

You just like baby jokes, don't you?

Originally posted by Fastciv1@Nov 4 2003, 09:10 AM
Don't bullshit them...you may burn a bridge that you might want to cross in the future. Tell them the truth... As a supervisor I would like more notice then a two minute warning, but I have also quit jobs with no notice. If you bullshit them, you will have to remember what story you told who. When they find out you bullshitted them (THEY WILL FIND OUT) you will look worse for lying. If they can't handle the truth, then it is their problem.

I agree, you have a legit reason for wanting to quit and it would look better not to go out as a liar. But don't feel bad for leaving them empty handed, it's funny how as employees we are "suppose" to give a two week notice but when a manager wants to let you go, they never give you and notice. Blah, piss on them.

I say you just tell em the truth. Most of the time, if you have a legit reason, they won't have a problem with the short notice. Just tell them that you've been considering going back to school, and when you registered, you found out it started this week. Most of the time they will be cool with it. make it obvious that you want an education, and if they start acting like that job should be your priority, then make em feel stupid by saying that you want to pursue you career goals so you are not stuck in a dead-end job for life (like they are).

Don't burn your bridges because what goes around, comes around. who knows, after you get your school schedule sorted out, you might want a job there again.

I did quit, I however did not top shelf it, as they would know it was me and I still need to go in and pick up my last two pay checks these coming up weeks. I told them the truth, that the job was holding me back from my goals in life and I need to get into a normal sleeping pattern and also that you are the best manager I have ever had, wiped some shit off my nose and said sorry. I just hate having to go pick up your last pay checks when everyone is looking at you like what an asshole....but how ever life moves on...I will how ever topshelf it when I get my last check...make sure to stop at tocobell at least 2 hours before I go in as well.....maybe down a bunch boze the night before as well.....Thanks for the tips guys, keep em coming in case someone else needs to do the same thing if you wish...Thanks again....top shelf...hahaha

Back