Quitting Smoking (God Help Me)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod said:
cold turkey WAS your thing. after 3 days, the physical addiction is gone. Your body was recouperating, getting back to running itself rather than depending on nicotiene for energy or stress relief.

After three days it is truely all in your head.. Its simply a mental addiction that you can say no to without any physical side effects whatsoever.

Your mind is weaker than the cigarette. and thats sad.

spoken like a true non/never smoker

The addiction stays with some people forever. In fact, most people. My butler can't be in the same room as me when I smoke.. he quit over 7 years ago. it kills him to see it.

Yeah, he's this 40-something year old with 7 kids and no job. He works for laptop parts.

I'm too busy to do everything I need, so I "hired" him by paying him in laptop bits. He's a great mechanic and he solves problems. He speaks several languages and is a hoot to be around. I toss him a few bucks occassionally. He can't drive though, so he can't do that. And he only really sweeps the sidewalks and does some shit around the yard.

But I call him my butler.

Silverchild79 said:
spoken like a true non/never smoker

I smoked for 6 years. Was even up to 3.5 packs a day for about a year of that. Usually hovered around 2 packs a day. Did some damage to my lungs, too.

Anyway.. this dude works for laptop parts.. what the hell does he feed his kids with? Is this one of those career welfare families you are so fond of??

I smoked about a pack of ciggs last night with my 750ml bottle of vodka. needless to say, I feel like shit today, my stomach and lungs are dying.

yeah, im glad i didnt quit, cause i really needed one today...red head of doom got all pissed off at me for spreading a rumor about her, but i have not talked to anyone about her or the particular subject she is mad about...She just straight up said, "Whyd you tell suzanne about what i told you". Ive worked every day and havent even talked to my friends about her in quite a while. Much less anyone that would talk to suzanne or any one that talks to anyone that would talk to suzanne.....

RAWR TO PEOPLE THAT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

[/rant]

Back