Quotes question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wycked Sniper

I must be totally screwing something up. Can anybody give me some info on how to take a quote from a previous thread and insert it. I see the "Quote" button under Code Buttons, but when I use it, the quote mixes into my type. I know it's hard to understand what I'm trying to get to here, but what I want is the quote to appear in a white box. For example, look at a ton of the posts in the Honda Swap= Hater Swap thread. Maybe that will better explain what I'm tying to get to. Thanks

Ahaaaa, much better, thanks a ton Smonkeyboy. I know it seemed like a stupid question, but I couldn't figure it out and I couldn't see how it would w/o making a ton of worthless posts. Thanks again :)

you can just click on the "quote" button at the top right corner of the post you would like to quote. that will open a reply page with the quote already setup for you. you just type in your reply.

if you want to use the code buttons inside the reply page, do what smonkeyboy said. youre text should look like this:

[QUOT3]i must be totally screwing something up.[/QUOT3]

(i purposely mistyped the word QUOTE so that wouldnt just show up as a white box)

u could also do itlike this (again quote will be mis-spelled):

[quot3=TrailorParkPimp]Its hard to be first class when you're white trash.[/quot3]

and when you do it, ot will appear like this:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp
Its hard to be first class when you're white trash.

i hope that helps too :)

A big thanks to TrailorParkPimp, Smonkeyboy and rixXxceboy for helping me out. I know it seemed a stupid question, but I just couldn't seem to get it right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back