Qwest or Comcast for interwebz?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95b16coupe

I only get to choose between the two. i think both are about 1.5mbps. Qwest is $24.99 for 6 months, then $40. Comcast is $29.99 then $44.99.

any difference in service? i despise comcast, but they run shit.

1.5 mbps is dog slow. like 1998 dsl slow.

you should check your numbers again. I'm on 12 mbps comcast.

Don't have quest here, so i can't comment. Comcast has been pretty good to me. Wish their tv was as good as their internet.

comcast sucks, but I don't know qwest. you two need to move out of CT and get fios with 25mbps like me. 95, I'd go with the cheaper provider then barter for another deal when it expires.

There are higher plans than the 12 i'm on, it just costs more and i don't think it's worth it. IMO, my net is plenty fast. 2mb downloads works for me.

wow Im getting around 65mbps and I am running off a wireless picking up on the neighbors router..

the thing with comcast for me wasnt the speeds, it was the large amounts of downtimethey always seem to have had here.

If I could copy my status of the wireless router on my laptop I would show you.. it range's from 45-65mbps.. and I just check it when I wrote that and it was sittin at 65mbps then dropped down to 55mbps.. It fluctuates up and down but stays in that range..

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN

im willing to put money on it that youre internet connection is not 65Mb/s. the fastest consumer ISP is FiOs and there tier is 50 Mb/s down 20 Mb/s up and for a whopping $200 a month, they offer tier 4 at 130 Mb/s down and 35 Mb/s up.

I would say that its totally possible you both have Wireless N and the network supports UP TO that speed.

I mean N is getting cheap, almost all new laptops come with it and you can find N routers for $40 or less. The adapters tend to be a bit pricey, but saying both of them having N is not far fetched at all.

I don't know if its right but I just right clicked on my wireless tab and clicked on status and it says speed 65.0 mbps...may not be right but just what it says.

the speed of the connection between the laptop and the router is 65mbps as stated. NOT the speed of the internet connection after that.

and wifi-N is wicked common. i dont think you can even buy a laptop that has G anymore. and if you do... you're stupid :)

i routinely get 100-130 between my Nxtreme router and my laptops... too bad my internet speed is shit.

but FiOS is coming!

I only get to choose between the two. i think both are about 1.5mbps. Qwest is $24.99 for 6 months, then $40. Comcast is $29.99 then $44.99.

any difference in service? i despise comcast, but they run shit.

on ur comcast 30 dollar plan ur numbers are wrong is 12mps for that if you got the 20 dollar pland its 1.5mps

Back