Qwest or Comcast for interwebz?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i use to have comcast, was fast as shit, when it worked. The TV was just fine. The only reason i am with ATT is the recording 4 shows at once feature else i would be gone in a heart beat. If comcast ever comes out with the ability to record more then 2 shows at once i would go back

corvetteguy i feel you. i pay $30 for the same service, but i cant get uverse. the max my line can get is around 5Mbps and no way in hell will i deal with charter.

unfornately, a recent report by FCC says 2/3rds of americans dont have broadband which is defined to have 4Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

FCC Says Most American Broadband Connections ... Aren't - The Takeaway

i say most of the problem is people dont know and care, and the telecommunication companies have such a strangehold on certain markets. for example, i live in Redding, CA with a pop. of about 110k yet we only have 3Mbps down DSL or 6Mbps down from Cable and the price difference is about double ($25 vs $50 respectively). Its been this way for nearly a decade and the companies dont bother to upgrade their networks because people are paying and not complaining.

You can argue that America is so big that there is no way provide FiOS like speed to everyone in an acceptable time frame. Seriously though, do the metro cities first and worry about boonies second because a majority of the pop. are in those cities. I lived in Sacramento and they over the exact services as Redding except its Comcast with slighty higher speeds. WTF????

With some many connections depending on broadband now eg Xbox Live, Netflix, Cloud computing, etc... we need to vote with our pockets and tell those bastards to upgrade their network.. Sh*t, tell me it isnt ironic that in Sacramento my Tmobile HSPA+ network is faster than most home broadbands (5Mbps down vs 3Mbps)...... End of Rant.....

as to 95b16, in the surveys i looked (pcmag and consumer report) most people vote Qwest higher than Comcast. What i suggest is, try them both? Most ISPs dont have lenghty contracts anymore and no activation or installation if you do it yourself (very very simple, provide lines are connected properly). Youll be without interwebz for about 1-2 weeks switching between the two, but that you get new customer deals which are tremendously cheaper than existing.

lastly, hondafreak, for free internet that exceeds most DSL speeds, id say tahts a mighty fine deal.

I had comcast until about 3 months ago. Never had a problem with it, although I hate comcast and their shenanigans. It was just too expensive as a stand-alone service. I switched to ATT dsl and I can't really say I notice a difference either way.

over wireless

over hard wire....
1099037580.png

test 2

1099041512.png

it's faster at night too.

$42

Last edited:
ok, so nobody really has an opinion or constructive input? lol

Considering that you'll get the same speeds with either provider I revert back to what I said earlier;

comcast sucks, but I don't know qwest. you two need to move out of CT and get fios with 25mbps like me. 95, I'd go with the cheaper provider then barter for another deal when it expires.

Not constructive enough of an opinion? lol

yeah we have like 8 computers and a server running on and shitty router........our it guy always laughs when he gets in our "server room"

Not when the price difference is only $5/month

I don't know what kind of opinion you're looking for then... 5 bucks is 5 bucks... throw it in a jar every month and after 12 months you could get a couple extra hookers on a boring night...

i dont even want to imagine what kind of hookers you could get a couple of for $60 :puke:
:imgone:

I don't know what kind of opinion you're looking for then... 5 bucks is 5 bucks... throw it in a jar every month and after 12 months you could get a couple extra hookers on a boring night...

but if one internet works way better, my sanity is worth it. i can't even play forza online because my old internet was too slow. too much lag. so i don't know if i will be able to even use qwest now that i think about it.

i dont even want to imagine what kind of hookers you could get a couple of for $60 :puke:
:imgone:

on this side note, say hookers or zombies in any thread, and E will find it. its almost like a sixth sense...

That's awesome. Looks like something my friends would do.

Back