R compound tires ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

Im looking for two R compound tires for my 95 gsr wheels which is a 15 inch rim. I been doing some search on where to buy but there no where to be found. Does anyone know a good site to buy some R compound tires for a reasonable price?

Based on what ive read and heard. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are the most streetable with decent wear, Toyo RA-1 are the next level up and the Advan AR03 (forgot the exact model) and Hooisers are as street able as drag slicks but the Hoosiers are reported to be stickier.

None of those tires on TireRack.com are for street driving or drag racing. I bet you would get 1500-2000 miles out of a set of Hoosiers on the street.

Thanks for the input. I review some of the tires and test reviews on TireRack.com.com, im thinking of going with the competiton Bf g-force T/A drag tires. The 205/50 15 seems ideal because i dont want to change the size by too much to my stock 195/60 15. Some user of this tire down there e.t by as much as 4 or 5 tenth of a second. Im hoping to break 14 this april 10 having run 14.5 last year at 97.55 mph with no traction and with few more mods this time. This will be track strip use stricktly.

lol-

BFG drag rails will last you about 4000 miles if you're lucky.
they are fine for normal dry driving. they suck in the rain, dew, sand, wet, etc.
don't try to turn with them- they are DRAG tires.

Back