r.i.p. crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well it does depend on the situation...

If crashed my car on the interstate and left parts all over the road and my car wasn't drivable anymore, then no, I would wait for the police.

But if I was out on some rural road (which I do often drive on) and blew a corner and wrecked my car, then no, I would not call the police out there. I would probably try to limp my car home, or call a friend with a truck and a trailer to swing out and try and grab it real quick.

For example, I was driving my Accord down the freeway last winter during a snowstorm. I was the only one on the road and it was very late, so I just drove 75-80mph down the center of the road. Well I happened to catch a snow drift bad and put it off the right side of the road. SHOULD I have called a cop and a tow truck and do everything the legal way... yes. But I didn't want to pay the money for a real tow truck and risk getting a ticket from a cop, so the next morning (Saturday) I went out early with my friends older brother and his Silverado and pulled it back up onto the road in about a minute or so and drove it back home. Cost me nothing.

you told them you were speeding around a corner,lost control and rolled 3 times and didnt get a ticket???
i call bs..

.... go for it call what you want.... it IS 100% true. maybe its cuz i was in hospital bed when i told him and he felt bad, idk but i didnt get one.

This is the smart thing to do, as long as you get away from it and don't have insurance (Insurance companies need police report to file a claim to get your car fixed or money for it if it's totaled). He almost certainly would have gotten a ticket of some sort for this.

The smart thing? Your saying instead of calling a tow truck or letting the police do it for you, your gunna run from an accident that you most likely wont get a ticket for (i.e. your snowy accident)? You'ld rather risk getting the ticket for leaving the seen of an accident? The whole "theres no one else around" attitude doesnt work for me. Think about it, theres no one else around, cops dont exactly disregard wrecked cars on deserted roads.

no one has to come to race me, i never said that so dont put words in my mouth, and sorry i didnt take hours to make a beautiful drawing for a forum, cuz i do have a life outside of hs. unlike yourself and a few others.

Eat me you retarded sack of horseshit. Have a life?? I'm sure you spend the majority of your time walking to work now, you fuck. And for the record, most people get on here an average of maybe twice a day. The people I'm around most anyway, and I don't even have internet access at my house right now. I'll be damned if I'm driving to library every hour to check out what the site's dumbest memeber has to say about his irresponsibility.

And if you spent the time making a drawing in the first place, you should've made it a little bit more readable.

The smart thing? Your saying instead of calling a tow truck or letting the police do it for you, your gunna run from an accident that you most likely wont get a ticket for (i.e. your snowy accident)? You'ld rather risk getting the ticket for leaving the seen of an accident? The whole "theres no one else around" attitude doesnt work for me. Think about it, theres no one else around, cops dont exactly disregard wrecked cars on deserted roads.

People leave cars stuck on the side of the road all of the time, I wouldn't call leaving my car there "running from the scene." And if the cop started giving you crap about it, you just tell him that your cell phone was dead and so you had to walk.

A cop could have easily given me a ticket for going to fast for conditions, so I ran the risk of that, as well as paying a $150 (or probably more right after a winter storm and on a Saturday). The ticket for towing out a vehicle from the side of the road is something like $200 or so.

I really didn't think that I stood that much of a chance of getting caught anyways. I knew that we could easily pull it out and I knew where my tow hooks were. We were on the side of the road for less than 5 minutes. There was hardly anyone else on the road, and it was pretty early on a Saturday, so not may cops.

Yes, I do realize that if I would have gotten caught, the cop could have thrown the book at me. Realistically I think that he might have seen it somewhat my way, and might not have cared much at all, but obviously I wouldn't know.

Eat me you retarded sack of horseshit. Have a life?? I'm sure you spend the majority of your time walking to work now, you fuck. And for the record, most people get on here an average of maybe twice a day. The people I'm around most anyway, and I don't even have internet access at my house right now. I'll be damned if I'm driving to library every hour to check out what the site's dumbest memeber has to say about his irresponsibility.

And if you spent the time making a drawing in the first place, you should've made it a little bit more readable.

lol, this chick is hardcore

You know, I'm doing better about the whole "drama" thing and not raggin on people, but no one, NO ONE makes fun of how I live and what the fuck I do with my time.

ask ANY driver who drives proffesionally.... any slight difference in road condtion/temp can through you off on even the easiest, slighest turns. so dont go calling me a liar, cuz once agian im sure you were there....

Hell yeah a slight difference in the road can screw you up. Especially surface type, the paint may be smooth, and that can cause you to lose some traction on that turn.
Anyways, 'm new to this site, where is the post button? And where whould I post a thread about my 94 civic?

Im not arguing the fact that ppl do it often, but the fact that they do doesnt make it anymore legal. Also, Im almost positive that the cop wouldnt have given you ticket, unless he knew how fast you were goin. In my area, if you were to leave a car in that position and a cop would happen by, they wouldnt even wait for you to come back to tell em about how your phone died, theyld impound your car, and possibly write you a ticket. One more thing, when cops say "leave the scene of an accident" it doesnt always mean that you did damage to something besides your car, hittin a ditch and gettin stuck qualifies too. Im just saying leaving a car thats stuck or damaged is never a good idea, sometime more so than others.

Im not arguing the fact that ppl do it often, but the fact that they do doesnt make it anymore legal. Also, Im almost positive that the cop wouldnt have given you ticket, unless he knew how fast you were goin. In my area, if you were to leave a car in that position and a cop would happen by, they wouldnt even wait for you to come back to tell em about how your phone died, theyld impound your car, and possibly write you a ticket. One more thing, when cops say "leave the scene of an accident" it doesnt always mean that you did damage to something besides your car, hittin a ditch and gettin stuck qualifies too. Im just saying leaving a car thats stuck or damaged is never a good idea, sometime more so than others.

I've only ever heard of cars getting towed if they are in traffic or something, and this happened during a big storm, so I wasn't worried about it getting impounded.

And I thought it wasn't illegal unless you got caught. ;)

You know, I'm doing better about the whole "drama" thing and not raggin on people, but no one, NO ONE makes fun of how I live and what the fuck I do with my time.

"drama," I must have missed that one, lol.

Well at first I thought that you might have been PMSing, luckly your sig. cleared things up, lol.

i was with 3 others (nt in my car) one took me to the hospital, the other 2 stayed with the car, called 911. the cop came to the hospital about an hour later, i told him everything... the truth. h pulled my mom aside and talked with her, then my friend that took me to the hospital. i dont really know what was said cuz i went for a ct scan, but i was told he thought i was lying and i was trying to paa someone (around a blind corner?!? im not that stupid) and they did take my car (obviously) and i paid like 500 to get it back. but no ticket

ya every thread i read thats not tech related you or injen are all over it.... i know ive seen injen in tech threads to but not you.. i am not looking hard but i do view alot of tech threads

point being???were regulars here..
just like b,reckedracing,brutal,jeffie,taco,and im forgetting alot

i was with 3 others (nt in my car) one took me to the hospital, the other 2 stayed with the car, called 911. the cop came to the hospital about an hour later, i told him everything... the truth. h pulled my mom aside and talked with her, then my friend that took me to the hospital. i dont really know what was said cuz i went for a ct scan, but i was told he thought i was lying and i was trying to paa someone (around a blind corner?!? im not that stupid) and they did take my car (obviously) and i paid like 500 to get it back. but no ticket

I think that he was talking about me and how I left my Accord by the side of the road and came back the next morning and pulled it out

a lot of the regular members here dont visit the tech forums very often. mostly bc they are dumbass questions that are asked every fucking 5 min that you can easily find the answer to by searching.

your a douchebag.

a lot of the regular members here dont visit the tech forums very often. mostly bc they are dumbass questions that are asked every fucking 5 min that you can easily find the answer to by searching.

your a douchebag.

I did notice that, and it sucks for the people that actually have legit problems with their cars.

Granted these search engines SUCK!!! They ALWAYS seem to leave off words that mater the most!

Back