R.I.P. Del Sol 1993-2005

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

gallery_8_32_93091.jpg

gallery_8_32_76578.jpg

gallery_8_32_59307.jpg
gallery_8_32_30212.jpg

Samba Green Del Sols got even rarer today. If they somehow do not total it out, I will be amazed. As I was driving to work, I'm going about 35-40 mph in 35 mph zone. Some white trash fuck in a 96 Chevy Corsica or some shit runs a stop sign, and I fucking plow into him. I stand in the cold rain for about 30 minutes before the cop shows up, and about another 60 before a wrecker gets here. I'd take pics of the engine, but I am too drunk to find out where the hood release is now located.
The pics are not great, but the airbag deployed, and the damage is pretty bad. Even if they value the caar at 4k (which they wouldn't, but I had a few offers 2-3 weeks ago for that amount) they would still probably total it.
I'm so fucking pissed, in the coming days, I will be driving an automatic 05 Jeep or an automatic 05 Altima. My baby is dead. I paid the car off less than a month ago, and this shit happens. I don't want a new car, I don't want a used car. I want my fucking Samba Green Del Sol back. :mad:

that new fender looks alright though :) but in all serious, fix it. Get the insurance money and fix it. They offered me 6000 for my 95 coupe. Or 4200 and i keep the car. My car needed a new rad. support, hood, headlight, tie bar, bumper, wheel, and axle. I could have easily fixed it with some money to spare but i told them to take it... and i bought another honda :cry: should have got out then. Atleast i had time to pull my old motor out and put the stock one back in. I didnt wire it up but just put it in the bay. Good luck and R.I.P. samba green sports roadster in disguise. :cry:

shit nick sorry to hear that bud ;(

... i thought you were gonna sell it for an s2k though?

sue.

it's ir-replacable to you. come up with some sob story and sue the piss out of the other guys insurance company.

My car was totaled out b4 but i bought back ...what it did was give an excuse to bodykit and build..though its still not complete,i still hope and pray.Good luck w/ damn shame thogh.

Is it really that bad that they can't pull the frame out. I had a civic cx that had the whole front end twisted and pushed under and they fixed that. I thought it was totaled and they said it didn't look that bad.

Quoted post[/post]]
looks fixable to me, but i am not there standing in front of the car.

Yeah, Jim's del slow was like 18 times worse than that like 2 months ago... (no offence jim, you are doing awesome on it so far)

Fuck man.. That sucks, But from the pics, It does look fixable. Cars are designed to take a front end collision like that and be fixable. Looks like fenders, head lights, hood, rad support, possible radiator, airbags, etc.. Nothing too bad.

I'd take the insurance money, and if they total it, buy it back and repair it.

:rip:

Sorry to hear that. :cry:

If it means that much to you, fix it!

Or just buy an s2k =)

Quoted post[/post]]
sue.

it's ir-replacable to you. come up with some sob story and sue the piss out of the other guys insurance company.

:werd:

Your insurance company probably WILL total it out though... with a car whose blue book value is that low already, a popped airbag almost guarantees a total loss.

You know... if you wanted another one, there's a pristine low miles one that belongs to an older lady who's a receptionist at the local honda dealer here.

You could probably find one closer though, if you wanted another one. They're pretty uncommon in samba green though.

Quoted post[/post]]
You know... if you wanted another one, there's a pristine low miles one that belongs to an older lady who's a receptionist at the local honda dealer here.

You could probably find one closer though, if you wanted another one. They're pretty uncommon in samba green though.

Though?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Though?

???

Back