R.i.p. Ps3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

Was in the middle of some hard core search and destroyed just planted the bomb when my system beeped and shut off. My ps3 has the (YLOD) this sucks. Has anyone ever had this problem and have they tryed to fix it?I called Sony and they want me to trade it in for a refurbished one for $150 or fix mine for $178+tax and shipping. I found tons of info on how to diy but rather hear from someone that has tryed. :(

I've heard of people baking boards in the oven to repair solder breaks. Sounds risky.

yup mostly the 60gb do it, but all the model have done it so far. I thought it was kinda weird how much sony was pushing for me to trade it in. After a little research the 60GB model has reverse play and the others dont(you can play ps1 and ps2 games on it). They sell them referbished at gamestop for $350

I like my 60gb unit. I'd take the PS3 apart and fix any issues rather then baking it........

Or just be a xbox owner and say oh well and buy another one.

yup mostly the 60gb do it, but all the model have done it so far. I thought it was kinda weird how much sony was pushing for me to trade it in. After a little research the 60GB model has reverse play and the others dont(you can play ps1 and ps2 games on it). They sell them referbished at gamestop for $350

yea i had 3 friends with 60gig's and they all died... now everyone has 80gig's and have had no issues. however my one buddy that plays xbox just had his 5th one get the red ring of death!

Well well well this is interesting Information. Who knew they overheated? ;)

Back