R&r Before Putting B20b In

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20_silver

Well, Im gonna change the timing belt, oil pump, and water pump. Im worried about changing the timing belt cause if you accidentally move one of the cam sprockets, the valves will contact the pistons! How long does it usually take to change these items? I dont really exactly have that much time to myself do to school and work and what not..

thnx in advance!

just set the engine to TDC before you take the belt off and make sure it is at TDC before you put it back together

Change the tensioner while you are at it. It's suck to pull it apart again just for that.

it isnt that hard I done it in about 8 hrs... well I stopped for a little afternoon nookie, so 7 hrs and 59 minutes!! lol a couple hours maybe 4.. I started at 4:30 and was done around 8... So if thathelps there ya go.

i don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, if you are using a vtec head, there are holes on the cam plates that line up with the cam at TDC. Just put a small screwdriver or something in both of the holes, and the cams won't move from TDC. It really makes it alot easier. Not sure about the non-vtec head though.

5genracer is right there are alignment holes u can get the dowel pins from honda for like $2 jus put thos in and the cams wont move at all, and as far as time goes shouldnt take u more than a few hours to do all of that

Back