R35 GT-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Check this site out, it may be BS, but who knows...

R35 GT-R Rumors

Here's a little snipped of the interesting stuff for those lazy people like me.

s3f1e17c714085.jpg

"The R35 GT-R will become Nissan's flagship sports car, and the rumored 450-hp output will likely quash even the supreme 911 Turbo and 360 Modena. Carlos Ghosn has decreed that all Nissan models will have the highest power output in their respective classes."

"It has almost been decided that the Nissan Skyline GT-R R35 will use the R390's 3.5 liter V8 Twin Turbo. Even better news is that now, almost for sure, the GT-R R35 will be imported to the US".

May just be rumors, but I hope its true, and sorry in advance if this is repost.

i have heard about something like that, i think that i have read about it in one of the magazines my dad gets me. if it does make it state side there will for sure be a market for it

i fixed it.

heres more pics:

s3f1e1a363198b.jpg

s3f1e1a5ef0ced.jpg

s3f1e1a86280f3.jpg

I'm calling BS though.

pic looks like an R34 with a kit on it ... im not too sure id put much faith in it

Well, the front end looks like it has just a bodykit, but then rear quarter panels are very different and have crazy curves, and then theres the tail lights which are completely different. Whos knows, its hard to tell.

I almost hope it never does get imported....one of the coolest things about skylines (besides the fact that their fucking bad-ass) is that you very very rarely see them.

what i've heard:

this is from NISMO from JGTC, their race cars for the 2003 season all use the 350Z/G35 motor, the VQ 3500 cc v6.

This is because the inline 6 RB25 moves the center of gravity up towards the front and they "bent the i6 in half" in order to make the GTR a more balanced car.

The future Japanese "supercars" will NOT be turbo'ed, just like the Rx-8, fairlady Z, and the to-be supra (which will have a N/A v8, according to Toyota, basically 2 MR2 motors so all the research and technology can transfer over) have all moved away from turbochargers.

The infiniti g35 IS the nissan skyline in Japan, just not the GT-R trim.

The R35 will not look like what is pictured above, it'll look more like a G35 than a R34, and the picture above looks photochopped & nissan won't put eyebrows on their headlights.

yeah the jgtc cars have the vq in them but the difference is that its a vq35dett. and I think that it will be in the r35

I don't really like the design of it, i mean don't get me wrong it's nice looking, but IMO it's nothing compared to the old silvia's.

Obviously all cars have to advance mechanically and physcially but I think the designers could have come up with something better.

Just my opinion. With that said though, that is going to be one fast mutha.

Is nissan's vtec anywhere as advanced as hondas?

id say its more advanced
Variable Valve Timing

Nissan's Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) electronically measures throttle position, vehicle speed and engine rpm, then adjusts the moment each valve breathes in. And it does this throughout the power band — from that first boost off the line to when you approach redline. Response time and efficiency are optimized. Power and torque, too.

its a concept car at this point...

but look at the RSX for example... we all saw the pics... looks like a prelude/integra. what came out, looks nothing like the protoypes.

it will look different than that if/when it comes out

The pictures of those three R35's look like some shitty white trash Ferrari's. They do not look japanese at all in my opinions. Look at the taillights, noone can say that they dont look like Ferrari tails. U-G-L-Y Who ever designed that should be poked in the eye. And what the hell is with the GTO black out headlight covers. GOD, those pictures are pissing me off, and as for the S16 Silvia, It's not horrible, but compared to the S15, there really is no comparison in style, but if you swap the old sr20 for that new on with the VET, WHOOO WEEEEE, you got yourself a car.

My $.02

ok, first off...that picture of the black Skyline has been floating around in the magazines and the net for a few years.

The rumor of the R35 has been floating around longer than the picture.

When they were designing the G35 coupe, a Nissan official indirectly stated that it is the closest we will ever come to having a real skyline being sold in the US (MotoRex doesn't count).

I highly doubt that they will ever bring the Skyline here. We already have our Skyline here, you too can pick one up at your local Infiniti dealer...ask for a G35 coupe.

Back