R35 GT-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 22 2003, 10:54 PM
id say its more advanced
Variable Valve Timing

Nissan's Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) electronically measures throttle position, vehicle speed and engine rpm, then adjusts the moment each valve breathes in. And it does this throughout the power band — from that first boost off the line to when you approach redline. Response time and efficiency are optimized. Power and torque, too.

it's like the valvetronic system that BMW uses.

Wow, very nice. It looks like Nissan's engineers didn't follow Honda's/Toyota's new trend of designing ugly-ass cars in the 21st century.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Jul 23 2003, 11:26 AM-->
@Jul 22 2003, 10:54 PM
id say its more advanced
Variable Valve Timing

Nissan's Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) electronically measures throttle position, vehicle speed and engine rpm, then adjusts the moment each valve breathes in. And it does this throughout the power band — from that first boost off the line to when you approach redline. Response time and efficiency are optimized. Power and torque, too.

it's like the valvetronic system that BMW uses.

yeah very similar to the VANOS system BMW uses

correct me if im wrong but havent both the silvia n the skyline been dead for awhile i remember reading a press release saying that nissan was discontinuing both teh skyline and the silvia for 5 years teh closest thing to the skyine even in japan is the g35 no more new gt-rs for awhile folks

altho that silvia pic leads me to believe otherwise

Back