RACE CAR problems..........again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

plysndrt

:eek: having trouble with my ls/vtec have complete obd1 integra harness with hondata computer with the o2 sensor and knock deleted, but when i start the car it revs up to about three grand idles there for about 5 seconds then revs up and down like the IACV is bad but i have replaced it three times and it still does it not quite sure what it could be. does anybody have any ideas.:(

vaccume leak from somewhere.

Check all your lines and if they all look good it could be your fitv (fast idle thermo valve) that is sticking open if it only does it when the car is warm. Besides that it is a vaccum leak.

If some one could offer any advice,

I had almost completed my Integra with a b20 w/ civic vtec head, I had CRT pistons, civic type R cams and had the bottom end bored out a little, a Vtec controller was added and ecu flashed, before I could get my new trans some jack off stole my car and took it for a joy ride smashing up the right front end and side and left it on the side of the 215 freeway, before running away the ripped out my Vtec controller put a few more dents and took off!!!

I want to get it back running but when I picked it up from the yard it was stored at it did run but there was major knocking from the engine, I actually drove it for about 40 mile back to my house and the knocking still persisted but the car did not lose power along the way, it was definitley not as strong as before but I blew my engine one time before in which the knocking eventually turned into a dead car, this did not happen this time. I am wondering if it could just be something with the computer and not actual engine damage. I am willing to do most of the work myself but have no direction as to how to diagnose the problem, it has been sitting for almost 2 years now as I have just not had any cash flow to deal with it. I NEED HELP can anybody offer any advice?

I have some advice...

Start your own thread instead of jacking somebody else's... :slap:

My Bad....

Sorry buddy, new to this so I was not aware :confused:

To the OP.. is your coolant level full & did you bleed the cooling system when you replaced the IACV?

Sorry buddy, new to this so I was not aware :confused:

I'm saying this because you'll probably get better responses if you start your own thread rather than just cutting into the middle of somebody else's conversation.

And seriously, you've never used an Internet forum before??? That's amazing...

Yeah, I have not really used an internet forum before, never had a need to until now, I used to just call people then someone told me there are good people on these forums so I thought I would try it out, anyway I erased my post on your thread and started my own, thanks for the advice, good luck with your car :)

Back