Race dash?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

hey guys, post your pics of your race dash or interior, i'm getting ready to work on mine and would like some ideas/suggestions, thanks! right now i'm thining of just making my own aluminum dash for my eg,but is it still legal to drive it on the street like that?

Aluminum dashes are usually built individually for each car, and unless you're experienced in metalworking and/or mig/tig welding it can be a bit costly for someone to fab it up for you.

My suggestion would be one of those universal fiberglass dashes, that can be sourced from custom car/truck retailers for a little over $300. They come blank so you can place your gauges where you want them, and still have a clean look. It may not be quite as light as aluminum, but remember, its not metal.

As for street-legalness, it's hard to say. I've seen doorslammer Novas with aluminum dashes, a tach, and a few selected gauges pass inspection and get a sticker. I've also seen guys with Civics and 'Tegs who have gotten "obstruction of view" tickets for having a monster-tach on top of their dash.

Just make sure you have a spedo dude.... :D

Back