racing cam on h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90h22accord

hi, everyone
I did my h22 swap on my 4th gen accord and just installed a racing cam my rpm started to go up/down like as low as 300 rpm. worst when the engine is cold, also sputters at 140kh on 4th gear pls. help

What kind of idle characteristics were listed for your cam?

Stage of the cam?

Check engine light?

Your idle goes down as far as 300 rpm?

A "race" cam is not called a "street" cam for a reason. A full on hardcore cam setup can screw your idle big time. This is why dragsters idle at 2000 rpms. Now some of the midway cams give you more power in VTEC, but offer a decent idle with the other lobes. I am not a Camshaft expert, but I know others that can answer your question will need more information.

oh well to clear it out more..
i have an h22a dohc
so i have two "web cam" camshafts like im supposed to
so any ideas guys?
thx for any help

Did you re-time your engine and perform a valve lash adjustment after installing the cams? Do you have adjustable cam gears that will let you individually adjust the timing of each of the cams?

yes the timing was set at 15deg., exh/int valve lash set at .008in+or-1 and i dont have an adjustable cam gear. how does that work any way? how do you know where to adjust? and how much performance do you get?

Usually you need to do some dyno tuning to figure out where you should set your cams gears for optimum performance. If you're installing cam gears on stock cams, a good idea is usually to advance the intake gear a degree or two, and retard the exhaust gear 3 or 4. However, since you're running those Web Cams, I really couldn't tell you.

Back