racing gasoline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

onlyjdm

ok.. i was at speedway they other day gettin gas and i saw this pump it said RACING GASOLINE... im still all stock besides exhaust and intake. say i was goin to the track would it be good to use racing gas or will it tear my motor to crap?
and is it a bad idea to use 93 gas?

i have a 90 integra

race gas is higher in octain...it prevents detonation.....but i think that you would not benefit at all from it....

You won't benefit from a higher-octane gasoline unless your ECU/engine management system is tuned for it. Otherwise, you're wasting your money.

93 octane is your race gas??? i used that daily in the hatch.

but yeah, you won't notice a damn thing from it. 89 would be as high as i would go. after that, you just don't need it, and the faster burn rate won't help you at all.

:werd:

and ohio sucks, he'll be lucky if he ever sees a station that sells 97 or whatever it rounds too.

I know in south Jersey I can get 103.

Waste of money for a stock motor. Beerbongskickass why would it make his car run like as just curious.

Stick with 87 octane... with 91+ you won't gain power, you won't be any faster, you won't run any better.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 18 2005, 10:06 AM
race gas is higher in octain...it prevents detonation.....but i think that you would not benefit at all from it....
[post=462659]Quoted post[/post]​

i Disagree, he will benifit from it alittle bit, a higher octane will burn more completely and will prevent depositing and build up, i run a 93 in my hatch and it makes or breaks my MPG (42-46 MPG) and my 0-60, its a somewhat stock D15b7, around 120hp, but not much more than that, so in an intera, it will make a difference, i used jet fuel in my toyota echo (125 octane) holy crap did that make a difference. that thing burned out in the first Three gears, yes even still in third, so you can't say that a higher octane doesn't do anything, it will help, i garentee that by using a higher octane your engine will probably last longer.
NOW don't get me worng, its not going to give you major HP, sorry not hapenin. but will not hurt anything, i started using 93 octane in my hatch two years ago, ever since my car has increased in HP, MPG, and runs better, i can testify because my motor has 183,000 miles and i have never in all my years as a machanic seen a smoother running car, it will help, but not for a short term race, its a long term investment. good luck :)

We have 104 octane here in souf cakalacky. 93 is out normal Premium. and I dont see you benefiting from 93 octane much either...just get the midgrade..whatever it is there (87?).

Race gas is leaded and will kill your 02 sensor and your cat won't be happy. Also, higher octane is harder to ignite, why would you want a mixture that is harder to ignite than what you currently use? You will get exactly zero HP gain from that.

If your car is made to run on unleaded fuel 87 and not modify, running premium unleaded 91 and up will make your injector build deposite due to your low compression not being able to ignite your air/fuel completely. unleaded fuel ignites easier so its perfect for lower compression n/a engine even with HIE.

i garentee that by using a higher octane your engine will probably last longer.

hmmm... you talking higher like 93, or higher like 125?
lol

i know you can get better gas mileage, better acceleration, and smoother running from better grades of gas... but its not like nawz diffrences y0...

higher octane gas mainly benefits factory turbo cars, lower octane causes pinging and the knock sensor tells the car to retard the fuck out of timing, and some even cut down the boost pressures... so a higher octane will limit pinging and thereby allow the motor to run at its true potential... i don't think this is exactly what you were talking about but from my research this is what i have found...

you want both better and cheaper... compared to octane boosters and that shit,
look into toluene...
i do not condone or endorse the use of this substance in your motor...
i am not held liable for you blowing your motor up, lol
but read up on it... there are some very good articles, but most deal with turbo cars and the effects toluene has on these cars by reducing detonation and pinging...

also note: ecu should be reset with the car at normal operating temp so it can recaliberate to new octane levels... or so i hear...

Using a higher than needed octance fuel in your car won't cause any deposits to build up on injectors or spark plugs. Higher octance fuel is merely more resistant to detonation. It isn't "harder to ignite", it's just more resistant to combustion because of compression. It'll still burn when it's introduced to Mr. Spark Plug. :)

even though it is harder to ignite, when ignited it will burn more efficiantly(wrong spelling) anyways, higher octane like 93 will help, i don't think in a ls motor this will be a problem. it will do just fine.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 23 2005, 11:38 AM
i garentee that by using a higher octane your engine will probably last longer.

hmmm... you talking higher like 93, or higher like 125?
lol

i know you can get better gas mileage, better acceleration, and smoother running from better grades of gas... but its not like nawz diffrences y0...

higher octane gas mainly benefits factory turbo cars, lower octane causes pinging and the knock sensor tells the car to retard the fuck out of timing, and some even cut down the boost pressures... so a higher octane will limit pinging and thereby allow the motor to run at its true potential... i don't think this is exactly what you were talking about but from my research this is what i have found...

you want both better and cheaper... compared to octane boosters and that shit,
look into toluene...
i do not condone or endorse the use of this substance in your motor...
i am not held liable for you blowing your motor up, lol
but read up on it... there are some very good articles, but most deal with turbo cars and the effects toluene has on these cars by reducing detonation and pinging...

also note: ecu should be reset with the car at normal operating temp so it can recaliberate to new octane levels... or so i hear...
[post=465104]Quoted post[/post]​

Never heard of that, but i found a damn good write up on it from google.

here it is...

Im a auto technitian so i might look at things a little diffrent from street smart guys and even maybe from other auto techs too. But i learned about gasoline rating or theory in tech school so thats just what im going by. If the engine is made to run unleaded than thats what i stick to(save money). My gsr now b20vtec gets 92 everytime i fill up. Alot of cars dont have knock sensors so it wouldnt matter if u put unleaded in them, it wont back the timming down. Sometimes power comes from your head only. Take it to the track and find out trying unleaded and premium unlead on a unleaded motor. I bet you will run the same only. Even with race gas too.

Back