racing seats or gsr seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok i know everyone loves racing seats and the gsr seats. here is the question at hand.
1 if i get a racing seat how do i transfer over the seatbelt clip it seems like it is built into the seat.
2 if i had a seat from a 93 integra (which has the seat belt clip on the chasis) how do i transfer over the seat belt clip?

the car is a 97 civic let me know thanks guys

Most good aftermarket seat brackets have mounts for the stock seat belt hardware. All Corbeau brackets (for cars that mount the belts on the seats) have mounts for the belts.

no i don't need race seats i really want a set of black or gray gsr cloth seats but everyone i know wants 300 bucks for that i can get some race seats with shipping on ebay, but is the seatbelt clip on the rail?

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 17 2005, 10:57 AM
no i don't need race seats i really want a set of black or gray gsr cloth seats but everyone i know wants 300 bucks for that i can get some race seats with shipping on ebay,
[post=474748]Quoted post[/post]​

Those $300 ebay "race seats" suck balls!! You get what you pay for with them.
For $300 nothing beats the quality,fitment of OEM Honda/Acura seats.
I paid $350 for my Del sol seats,feel great and dropped right into my hatch.
You buying some cheapo imitaiton race seats over some Nice OEM Teg seats makes NO sense to me. <_<
Don't be a cheap ricer!

Here ya go...
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53167
GsR seats....i am sure you can get them for 300 shipped.And i know the guy selling them.

Yeah... if your budget for seats is only $300, then the only good way to go is used OEM seats. Any pair of "racing seats" you can buy new for $300 on eBay is going to be junk, and their brackets/rails will always require customization.

Buy used OEM or step up and buy a set of Corbeaus with custom made brackets that bolt straight in- it'll cost you about $700-800, but it's worth it.

thanks for the info but the main question still eludes me is the seat belt part that is on the seat connected to the rail or is it apart of the seat itself?

Spend some $$ for the better 94-01 Integra Ls/GsR seats.Scrap the cheapo racingseat idea.
The seat belt clip on the teg seats is attached to the rails.You'll end up regretting you bought the "racing seats".They are not very comfortable & cheaply made.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 17 2005, 01:39 PM
thanks for the info but the main question still eludes me is the seat belt part that is on the seat connected to the rail or is it apart of the seat itself?
[post=474877]Quoted post[/post]​

On the Civic it's mounted to the seat bracket/rail. It's probably the same with the Integra.

Originally posted by baker423@Mar 17 2005, 02:44 PM
The seat belt clip on the teg seats is attached to the rails.
[post=474883]Quoted post[/post]​

that is what i wanted to know so if i had the chance to get 93 teg could i use my civic rails?

Originally posted by civiclxb16+Mar 17 2005, 03:29 PM-->
@Mar 17 2005, 02:44 PM
The seat belt clip on the teg seats is attached to the rails.
[post=474883]Quoted post[/post]​

that is what i wanted to know so if i had the chance to get 93 teg could i use my civic rails?
[post=474919]Quoted post[/post]​

I think 2nd gen teg seats(90-93) are different than 3rd gen tegs(94-01).
94-01 Teg seats should bolt right in or you may have to swap one rail.The 2nd gen teg ones i do not think the rails will match up.I may be wrong but something tells me there is a difference. :unsure:

GSR seats are pimp as hell. Wouldn't trade mine for the world. comfy as fuck, and they look cool too.

i know they are cool and i know they are comfy but the problem is the seat belt that sensor or plug that is in my civic that is why i want to know if i can take my stock seat and my stock rail along with that plug for the seat belt off and put them on any teg seat

Does the LS come with the same seats as the GSR... I have an LS and couldn't tell a difference from my friends GSR

EDIT: Other than is was a LOT faster than me, lol

lol the ls is fast too..lol

but the question still stands when you take the rail off does the seatbelt part come off to? only because my seats have that plug for the seatbelt light that is why i want to know

Back