Racing Seats, what do you like?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ejclide

Swapper for life!
I've got a pair of APC cheapos in my civic right now. I'm looking to upgrade, but I want something that's going to stand up to the track AND be comfortable on the street since this is my DD. I'm gonna get a bracket from Wedge no matter what, so throw me some of your input guys. I'm going to start next season doing HPDE with NASA, so I would like something that will hold up to me going around Mid Ohio in under 2 minutes.... hopefully...

My other thought was I'd get the slightly nicer APCs to replace my old ones, and then for track day have a Sparco or Recaro to throw in there. If that's the case, I could probably handle a much lower profile seat. I'm 6'5", so I really have to keep the thickness of the padding in mind. I can't wear a helmet in my car right now. If you guys know what's been tested and proven, let me know. I'm reading a lot of product reviews, but I'd like to hear from you guys.

The most comfortable seats that I have sat in were the ones that Clayton (Airjockey) has in his red Z. You will have to ask him what kind they are. After that, it was a set of Recaro's that I had in my Jetta.

If you're serious about it and want to spend some real coin, recaros are where its at.

The guy I talked to at Wedge seemed pretty sold on Recaro too. I know the name's good, and I know I'll definitely get what I paid for.

Any experience with Sparco guys? I've kinda been looking at their Pro 2000 seats for a race seat.

I'd say the Recaros in the Evo are probably the most comfortable yet supportive I've sat in....although I still prefer my Memoryfab seat over that.

honstly i love type r seats, there so damn comfortable, but recaro are nice too! my buddys got them in his GTI

Seems pointless. The whole point of "race" seats is to reduce weight and increase support.

Anyways, I've seen some show cars with bucket seats in the back; custom brackets/welding I presume. On the other hand, 2002 Accord SE/EX or similar rear seats seem VERY comfortable and offer more support.

Yeah, i know it, but i saw them in a civic a while back. They looked pretty sweet. Figured buckets in the back would look like a hack job. Even though they were made to lighten, you know it'd look a little better if you had matching seats instead of racing front and factory gray backs Mon-Thurs. Guess if you could chop some Camaro buckets with black leather in the back or something they'd look good with leather fronts. Camaros have some comfy ass back seats.

Valid point. I meant the bucket style rear bench. Idk, got a lot of engine work to do before i worry about seats. Nice to show as nice as you go imo. unless it's an old truck or ironhead. they make the damn thing flat black and ugly.

a friend of mine is trying to put some camaro rear seats in his civic they are about the same size and he has a cage so they might fit

just my 2cents

Have a friend that had a 1997 Z28 and the car was comfortable. Shame he only had it for a week before he (and the bank) found out it was salvage. :weep: Moral of the story, hack in some Z28 seats, and never trust a $3800 camaro.

kirkeyirrf.jpg
kirkeyirrb.jpg

570-47seriesdimensions.jpg

Back