Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

I need 1 racing seat I was wondering whos got the hookup for some good deals. Im not so worry about which brand. I would prefer reclinable. I got 99 SI seats in the hatch now. so there not bad I just feel im sitting up to high. Let me know

How cheap is cheap? If you're looking for a real racing seats Sparcos come to mind as a fairly competitively priced seat, Corbeau would be good if you want reclining.

I know where I can get a set of racing seats for $365 for the pair :p They're from Volution though, but they seem to be fine. I know a Sparco or Corbeau will probably hold up longer, but I don't care about the differences in sturdiness... it's not like I beat the crap out of my seats. :p

Its not about beating the crap out of them, its about safety. Having a seat break in a crash would suck. Actucally, to be precise, it would kill you. Don't skimp on seats.

corbeau trs $320 is going to be your cheapest single reclinable seat and its safer than ebay seats

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jul 6 2004, 04:53 PM
corbeau trs $320 is going to be your cheapest single reclinable seat and its safer than ebay seats

Both my roommate and I have a pair of TRSs in our cars- we absolutely love them.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jul 6 2004, 05:48 PM
Its not about beating the crap out of them, its about safety. Having a seat break in a crash would suck. Actucally, to be precise, it would kill you. Don't skimp on seats.

exactly, don't downgrade in safty on a car. Get a seat that is atleast FIA approved. With a shitty no name seat, the frame could brake and spear you in a hard crash. Bet that would be fun!

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jul 6 2004, 10:26 PM-->
@Jul 6 2004, 05:48 PM

exactly, don't downgrade in safty on a car. Get a seat that is atleast FIA approved. With a shitty no name seat, the frame could brake and spear you in a hard crash. Bet that would be fun!

FIA approval and reclining seats don't mix. All FIA approved seats are rigid.

There are plenty of good safe aftermarket reclining seats out there that don't cost an arm and a leg. Go with a well known manufacturer that actually gets used in real racing (Corbeau, Sparco, Recaro etc) and buy one of their low/mid level seats. You'll be comfortable and safe, and your seats won't fall apart after a year (APC, TenzoR, R1 etc) or break in a crash.

Yeah- those are nice too... but definitely not something you want to sit in for more than a few laps. I wouldn't use them on a daily driver.

I've got this one in my truck (was in my CRX):

4_02.jpg

It's FIA approved, only $220 new at retail price (I got mine for $105 new), and it sits perfectly on custom fit Corbeau brackets. It's actually pretty comfortable once you get used to it.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Jul 6 2004, 11:38 PM
http://www.kirkeyracing.com/index17.html

I forget who turned me on to these. I know they're not really streetable, but they are race seats.

I'm waiting on a reply...I just sent them my sizes and stuff.

:) that was me

and for good prices on seats try out http://www.groupbuycenter.com
they often have very good deals on seats there

but like everyone has already said ... go with a reputable brand

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jul 6 2004, 10:57 PM
^^ Can you use the stock seat belt with that seat?

Not really. You won't have a problem with the shoulder belt, but if you're skinny, the lap belt will go over the tube frame of the seat and not your hips. That's not a good thing, because once you get into a wreck, the lap belt ends up going into your stomach.

Reclining seats don't have that problem, since there's nothing in the waist area blocking the seat belt from going over your hips. I use the stock belts with my Corbeaus in the Civic.

Which is comfortable? the Corbeaus or the other ones? Will those corbeaus fit the ass of someone that is, say, 6'1 240lbs? I know I know... I need to lose some weight :p

was talking about the kirkeys that weblink ek9 was refering to

the corbeaus are quite comfortable as well though ... and corbeau does make wider versions... check their website

Back