Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Well, I'm shopping for seats for my 92 hatch. The factory seats suck way too bad.

Looking for cheaper seats, not going to spend $1k

I know I should be looking at bride, recarro, sparco, momo, corbeau, etc..

BUT

I've been looking at Tenzo R (never heard of them before), APC (uber cheap), Bomz (again, never heard of) Etc...

Also am watching a leather GSR front/rear seat swap on ebay.. And considering Del Slow seats.

I would like a nice fitting seat, snug, good for cruising. And If I can get some significant weight savings in the process, I would like to do that as well. The GSR seats don't hug enough, and weigh a ton, but the leather makes up for that.

So... thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc..

Educated please. Not "APC IS t3h MAD $uxxx0r!!" posts. Please keep this to personal experience.

Educated please. Not "APC IS t3h MAD $uxxx0r!!" posts. Please keep this to personal experience.
[/quote]

I just have to say that i totally agree 100% I mean hell you would figure that people could just take a typing class and get it right.....

the only low dollar seat i would ever consider is Corbeau
the others are ALL crap ive seen more than enough of them to make that judgement
APC = crap
TenzoR = crap
BomZ = crap
Ractive = crap
mAd tiTe JdM horse shit from eBay = crap

if you look around you can find a set of corbeaus with sliders in the $600 range

Personally, I would go with the momo start seats. Fiberglass construction so each one is only 13 pounds. And I've seen them for as low as $235 a peice.

you could save money on some good seats by buying non-reclining seats. yea it might suck a little, but atleast you know it won't come apart if you get in a crash

I'm looking hard at a set of bride brix's They are on ebay for about $550 shipped.. But that is a little scary, could be fakes at that price. The next set up is $750ish..

But they should be at least 1k.. Someone is selling "genuine bride material" Which means it would be easy to copy a seat and sell it as a true "bride".

I had Corbeau Clubmans in my '72 opel GT. Loved em, but I need them to fold over, because I have kids to toss in and out of the back seat.

APCs can be had for $300 shipped. If I could get good reviews on those, I'd probably buy 'em. I've sat in APC seats before, and they were firm and comfortable. Nice seat to sit in, but not sure about their durability or build quality. I will agree that most of APC's products are garbage, but thats because 99% of their stuff is ugly or non-functional. The seat is functional, and light weight. All they need is durability.

This "phantom project" is costing too damned much. I bought the car for $2700, and have purchased 3k worth of parts already and haven't even touched the interior or the engine. Not looking to spend big bank on seats. I have a big nasty motor to pay for in the near future.

Dude, do a search and you'll find that EVERY time someone has asked this question there has been a huge flame war. Pretty much to sum it up, cheap seats = not safe. They are not approved for on road use, and they stand a good chance of colapsing in a crash. Your OEM seats are far better than those APC and BOMZ pieces of shit. If you really need new seats, hit up the junkyard.

I'll sell you a set of really good condition grey Corbeau TRS seats WITH 92-95 Civic brackets for $500 plus shipping. I just took them out of my Civic today.

You've got my attention... Several questions:

1 What color scheme? I know you wrote gray.. Pics?
2 What matierial?
2 Do they tilt forward as much as factory seats?
3 How old?
4 Any tears, burn marks, stains, etc?
5 Are they the normal ones or the "wide" ones?
6 Seat brackets purchased or home made?

Not too sure about $500.00 I hope thats a starting price... 2 Brand new Corbeau TRSs for $576

Quoted post[/post]]
I'll sell you a set of really good condition grey Corbeau TRS seats WITH 92-95 Civic brackets for $500 plus shipping. I just took them out of my Civic today.

I was about to post 'Hey, Mike's got a badass set of Corbeau's with sliders'...

Get Mike's seats. I've mastu...er...sat in them. Teh nice.

:thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
You've got my attention... Several questions:

1 What color scheme? I know you wrote gray.. Pics?
2 What matierial?
2 Do they tilt forward as much as factory seats?
3 How old?
4 Any tears, burn marks, stains, etc?
5 Are they the normal ones or the "wide" ones?
6 Seat brackets purchased or home made?

Not too sure about $500.00 I hope thats a starting price... 2 Brand new Corbeau TRSs for $576

1. Gray. Look them up on Corbeau's site. I think I might have an actual picture of them, but it's old.
2. Cloth
2. Yes
3. 3 years, but the car's been down for 2 of those last 3 years- so they only have about 10k miles of usage.
4. No tears, no burns, no stains that won't come out (some dirty spots I need to clean up, they'll look new)
5. Normal
6. Purchased from Corbeau

$500 is a firm price. The brackets/sliders from Corbeau will cost you $160-180 a set. You're basically getting brackets/sliders and two seats in like new condition but one seat free.

Quoted post[/post]]
Brackets not included
and those will cost you $120 - $150 for the set

More than that.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was about to post 'Hey, Mike's got a badass set of Corbeau's with sliders'...

Get Mike's seats. I've mastu...er...sat in them. Teh nice.

-----

Not the best situation for pictures, but here they are:

P1130009.JPG

P1130012.JPG

I'll take some pictures of the seats' current condition as soon as I get them cleaned up. They're sitting in the truck right now.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass on it.. Nice seats But I'd really like black or black/gray and a little less aged.

My bbuddy had a set of Tenzo-R seats they were nice I'm a bigger guy and they were good for me but still held my friend in place I got about 100 lbs on him I forget wich model they were. They weren't the most comfortable but they were solid. I'm not saying they were the best but for the price I like them.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass on it.. Nice seats But I'd really like black or black/gray and a little less aged.

You're welcome.

If you want seats that are a little less aged, you're going to have to buy new ones.

Tenzo-R isn't bad for the price... I personally wouldn't buy them because I don't like the cushioning, fabric quality (dyes wear out in less than a year) and fit, but you can get a set fairly cheap- like $500. :p

$500 for a like-new set of corbeaus?! with brackets?! are you out of your mind?!

If you turn these down for a set of APCs, Tenzo-Rs, or anything else that's shit, I will e-slap you so hard your grandkids will feel it. :p

:laugh:

Ok, you buy them. :) Price goes back up a bit after today.

just as an option, i think hmotorsonline.com has a set of sir-g black seats and front and rear in great condition for $350 or so, good luck bro, i'm in the same boat.

Back