Racing Seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaman85

Large Member
Ok any thing will help ok this is my problem I have a I think 88 Ef si I replaced my doors because lots of rust so I got doors off another Ef well it turns out my doors have the seat belts on them and the new doors have them behind the seats so now i have no seat belts soo easy to fix I said I would get harness but how do i get the seat belt light to go off

seatbelt light

I don't think you can do anything because it uses the seat belts to make a break in the circuit to turn off the light so if you put in an after market harness the light would be on because you aren't using the stock one. But if you want you can just unplug the seatbelt indicator light box (I don't know what its called) it's usually gray plastic or just metal and its under the passengers side in the dash almost right behind the heater and radio this should keep the light off and that indicator noise away if that is also part of the problem.

? it might work

I don't really know exactly but I would at least try and disconnect it and see what it does, other than that you can get the wiring diagram and see where it runs and somehow put it on a momentary switch or one that you turn on and off yourself, other than that I'm not exactly sure what to do but you should at least try unplugging it. you can just take the bulb out of the dash to if you want

FInd the wires on the seat belt part where you plug it in, cut them twist em toghther, ground em out try diff stuff till the light goes off.,

Back