Racing Teams Anyone??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, it all depends on how you see a team. My crew is just a bunch of people that share the same common interests and we were hanging out together anyway, so why not have a "club". My team has no dues, we go out and have car washes and cookouts so we can afford T-Shirts, Decals, and other stuff. It's fun cause it gives us an excuse to always be hanging out, plus, it helps give you better street name so people get to know you better. When I first got into the scene, everyone just called me High Velocity. However, 3 years later, everyone in the Green Bay area(plus most of Wisconsin) knows of my team.

I dont know about flaunting team decals and stuff.. some people are cool with that, but personally i have no interest.. it just gives people a reason to start shit.. for example, say you let this guy in and give him all the goodies.. he seems cool a first but then he goes around talking shit and saying, " my team is the fasetest, etc etc etc." even though he has a slow ass car, you gotta back him up now because hes in YOUR team.. thats happened to the teams ive seen here and they always end up breaking up.. u dont need a name to be noticed as B has stated.. if you're fast, people will know.. im from redding in nor cal.. its pretty small but back a few years ago, 97-98, my friend just got a hatch with a SI-R 2/nitrous in it.. i rode with him a few times outta town to race (around the sacramento area) and people knew who he was even though he isnt affiliated with anyone because he was pretty damn fast back then.. low 13s..

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Aug 20 2003, 02:05 PM
im from redding in nor cal..

oh dope your from redding? you seen the shop called AUDIO EXPERTS HYPERFORMANCE??? just wondering cause i went up there and met the owner... he's not really a friend of MINE... but he does know my buddy Devin cause he used to buy parts from him @ SPW

:)

yeah i kno hyperformance.. but i personally dont kno the owner.. however, man they talk a lot of shit and i havent seen one decent car they put out.. rumor has it, the owner drives around in a supercharged or turbocharged v6 accord doing 11s.. NEVER seen it, not even at the shop..so that shop is a bit of a joke around here.. dont really know it's rep else where.. alot of the 'performance' shops here are pretty weak, import wise.. the only shop i knew that actually had a project car was Top Notch, who started a b18c powered crx but never saw it through and closed.. so, what im trying to say is, shops here are wack and if you want a REAL performance shop to do ur shit, go else where like sacramento or DIY.

note : 13.2 was the fastest honda owned by my friend who did all the work himself

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Aug 21 2003, 09:52 AM
yeah i kno hyperformance.. but i personally dont kno the owner.. however, man they talk a lot of shit and i havent seen one decent car they put out.. rumor has it, the owner drives around in a supercharged or turbocharged v6 accord doing 11s.. NEVER seen it, not even at the shop..so that shop is a bit of a joke around here.. dont really know it's rep else where.. alot of the 'performance' shops here are pretty weak, import wise.. the only shop i knew that actually had a project car was Top Notch, who started a b18c powered crx but never saw it through and closed.. so, what im trying to say is, shops here are wack and if you want a REAL performance shop to do ur shit, go else where like sacramento or DIY.

note : 13.2 was the fastest honda owned by my friend who did all the work himself

yeah i barely know the guy myself... but i do know that his shop has survived this whole time up there which says SOMETHING about it!!

as for project cars the only one i know of him workin on is a blue hatchback, automatic with a custom built torque convertor... i believe he did a turbo set up on it and so far best time is only like a 13.8... but i havent talked to him lately

yeah i hear that. It pretty much goes both ways. You don't need a title to be apart of something. Although it's sometimes fun to be in a group of buddies and kind of take it to the next level, as in make a name, shirts, and bbq's for fun. Just like you guys said as an excuse to get out and hang out. Bring your girls along so they can talk, animals out also, etc.. but keeping in mind that your intentions aren't to blow it up into some fucking shit like NOPI.

I feel that peple do confuse the notion of crew/team/etc, or whatever. Me, personally I feel that i would never put the intention of being the fastest and throwing that out with the name of my crew, to be honest do you give that much shit about being the fastest, I mean literally your never the fastest and when people refer to I am the fastest this and that they tend to throw in a location into the sentence, it's stupid. Something like I am the fastest "here it comes" all motor, stock head, LS tranny, non-gutted crx with oem seets on the southside of this city. Your never the fastest unless you have a crazy ass budget etc.... I also see from the perspective of what B stated above. I think that clearly relates to the peeps that need to be apart of something larger than themselves.

I got know a lot of people, and they know me, just by being around from time to time and the old school way of getting your name out, being in the scene for a while. Peeps ask me what to do with their rides, this that, tuner who, etc... As long as your true to the reason why you started this hobby in the first place you will be fine, just make sure you guys aren't dicks to freshman in the sport, give props where they should be given. Be open minded and realize that every isn't into performance and shit.

I used to hate in the beginning a lot, but as age came along i realized that I was wrong in my comments and assumptions. Last, if it's fun and you want to do it than do it.

Milan

yeah i feel you milan, but most of the time, people get into the whole import scene because they want to be apart of the 'in' thing. especially recenlty.. people who get into for the right reasons dont suddenly have underbody neons growing under of their car and sporting vtec like its some holy word.. i mean alot of people on this forum hate body kits, personally i dont.. if it looks good, it looks good.. if someone likes the "jdm" with the front clip, to me thats a body kit in itself.. anyway, 9 out of 10 guys/gals are in it because its the hot new thing.. i know, because a lot of my high school friends (white) picked on us (asian) for fun because we were always looking at magazines and looking up videos of imports.. they go, "all im Ae and hondas kick ass." ( i never said that.... ;) ) because a lot of that import stuff started predominately with asian american kids.. it was all in good fun because our high school, race was never an issue.. anyway, by the end of senior year, EVERYONE had a honda.. they traded in their silverados and got a kitted up honda with every part known to rice-factorism.. apc lights, shoulder straps with powered by honda, the whole shabang...oh yeah, and EG Litre, the only reason why hyperformance survived is because of the sudden 'interest' in imports and their about the only import store for miles around.. they're somewhat known because their the first to open one here, but they over charge like crap and most of the time, their game aint nothing but spit.. :END OF RAMBLING: point is.. be in it for the right reasons..

SO MANY TEAMS IN THE TORONTO AREA.

mostly riced up civics... and wacky domestic clown cars

the good ones:
TEAM RUKUS
TEAM REDLINE
TEAM EVOLUTION
TEAM MIDNIGHT
MOD STREET R
TEAM TENACIOUS
TEAM SCAREDEMSQUAD
SWEETIE GIRL RACING
24K GIRLS

etc......

I roll with NONE of the above
Teams are for people who have time to meet up and chill.
I personally dont. <_<

Back