Racing@the track with my 190hp/134 torge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Here it is guys.....14.2 at 99.8 mph is my best time at the track. I launch at 4k and my tires spin and hopped from 1st and 2nd gear. I then launch at 35k and samething happend. After this race, if I still want to go all motor, I will consider LSD tranny. Here is my reaction..... .156 R/T 60 foot= 2.56 if I could get good grip maybe I can improve my 60 foot. oh, by the way, I am running on 14" street tires. 14.2 is too slow consider all the money I spend on building it. I havent calculate the exact amount, but it should be closed to 6-7G. I think this car is capable of breaking into the 13s. I am so disapointed after this race, I want to sell this car and build a turbo charge motor. however, if I sell this car, I wont get all my money back, and if I am not going to get close to or break even, then I wont sell it. This is my other auction, since I have everything built up, I will just replace the high compression pistons(12:3:1) with a low compression like 9.1 and replace the skunk2 stage 2 camshafts with my old GSR camshafts and boost it up to 10-12psi. What do you guys think, will it safe to leave the skunk2 stage2 camshafts and boost so that I can reved high and get vtec to kick harder while turbo is kicking in? My reved limit is currently set at 9200k. here are the spec of skunk2 stage2 camshafts......IN. 0.456, 252 EX. 0.426, 249 also, if I leave the skunk2 stage2 cams in there, what would be my compression ratio with a 9.1 pistons?

I want to go fast, but turbo charging is no garunttee that I will go fast. I had seem people doing low 14s with turbo charging. I am afraid that if I decide to go turbo and still run slow than all motor, then its totally a wasted of time and money. I have 5G to go turbo if I decide to do so. and maybe I could sell the skunk2 stage2 camshafts and the IB probe 12:3:1 high compression for $4-5 hundred and $150-200 respectily since these items only have 1000mile break in plus one race at the track and used this money to help in building a turbo charge motor. PLEASE PITCH IN YOUR OPPINION WHEATHER I SHOULD KEEP IT ALL MOTOR OR SWITCH TO TURBO CHARGE. THANKS

go turbo and get some slicks for the track. You can keep the high comp pistons but it will be harder to tune but you will see bigger gains.

my compression test is at 295 all around 4 cylinder. Going turbo without changing the high compression will blow my motor. I am familiar with turbo and what is needed for the process,but please help on which products would best fit my motor since there are tons of products for turbo and some or better than then others. thanks

Originally posted by Teambypass@Aug 6 2004, 09:26 PM
I want to go fast, but turbo charging is no garunttee that I will go fast. I had seem people doing low 14s with turbo charging.
[post=373619]Quoted post[/post]​

you have a MUCH better chance at hitting 13s with a turbo.

Get a decent suspension setup, build, tune, & practice launching.

I would NOT use the s2s2 camshafts for turbo, unless you want to adjust the cam timing to allow some more overlap than normal. Your cylinder pressures will be too high, but if the block can take it, as well as the rings, why not? s2s2 and high compression pistons kinda go hand in hand, and turbocharging it dramatically changes the dynamics of the charge air. Get some turbo cams with some more duration.

Dude, get some better tires and practice launching.

What kind of tires were you running and the tire pressure set at?

I was there that day too, and was still doing 14.5 @ 94.5mph all day (no new mods yet), my 60 footers was 2.2 street tires.

Don't give up yet, you just need to know your car better.

werd deffinatly get some better tires and maybe a traction bar. for every tenth you take of your 60 ft its 2 tenths in the 1/4mi. you schould be able to get close to a 2.1., 2.1 60 ft. practice launching.

Straight line racing doesn't mean everything, get yourself some 15" wheels and R compound tires, then take your car to an autocross event, you will know what your car was meant for.

a 2.56 is simply horrible.

stock geo metros can get to 60 feet faster.

2.1 on street tires is good.

1.7-1.8 on slicks

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 9 2004, 01:20 PM
your 60ft's suck, get them down to 2.1 on street tires and you'll hit mid 13's for sure.
[post=374359]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont know about mid 13's, MAYBE a 13.9ish or a low 14. read my sig. i had a 2.1 60ft, and ran a 14.5 quarter. maybe if you get slicks you could hit 13's but i dont know.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 11 2004, 01:05 PM
your b16 also in'st pushing anywhere near the number he put down.
[post=375372]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, ill take back my statement. theres a local shop that has a very similar setup and he was running low 13's on pump gas. i guess it all depend on the driver (throttle control and being able to feel wheel spin.)

cuz ive also seen an h22 prelude w/turbo pushing 450+hp (according to the shop) run a 16.2 at 126mph, because he made more power then the tires, track, or driver could handle.

he has almost an 100mph trap, and i will stick to what I said. On a good day, with a 2.0-2.1 60footer, he should hit 13.5-13.7......

seriously. with your 5g's layin around....suspension, tires etc. as for running with your hood off....grr. i dunno. you may be able to claim a time at the track, but how realistic is it on the street? thats my only quam to slicks and removed body panels. practice launches. milk the clutch like aforementioned. it'll help.

You've got traction and launch issues... work on your driving, then work on your suspension. You'll be a LOT faster. If you don't fix these problems, more power isn't going to help you at all. It'll just make your problems worse.

Wow!!!! its been a while since my last check in....thanks for all the commands and posts. I have 5g and will be using toward my car, just dont know what. Some of you guys suggest going turbo and some favor in all motor since im already in too deep for all motor. Some even suggest for me to fix my suspension. I dont know exactly what is suspension, but I do have both front and back strut toward bar. The front strut towel bar is Kunk2 and the rear is Reactive. I also have adjustible shocks with coil over, forgot the name but the shock alone are $280. As for my 5g, I will buy carbon fiber hood first, body kits and rims and hopefully I can get down to flat 14 or high 13s. After I get all these and still not satisfy with it, then I will definitely go turbo charge. thanks for all the tips....

Will it worth the money to built and LSD or just to get a type r tranny? thanks

fuck the hood
fuck the body kit
and fuck the rims

those will only waste your money and get your car stolen.

get a diff- a quaiffe, or get the R tranny with one already, some lightweeight 15" wheels with good tires (BFG drad radials if drag is what you do) and a good set of suspension. im sorry, but $280 shocks is like monroe specaisl dude. get somethign real, and japanese, like tanabe, toda, silkroad, or blow all 5k on a set of ohlins :)

Back