Rack and pinion HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
when i'm driving and i go to down shift or when i decelerate then acelerate fast...i hear/feel something knocking (loose) agaist the floor board by the clutch pedal..

so i checked under the car and it seems like the rack and pinion is shot......when i 5turn the wheel from one side to the other (fast) i hear it rattle around....

i have a 91 std crx; can i use any EF rack????

i checked ebay nothing....where could i get a new or rebuild? i am going to check the local yards

any info is apreciated

Originally posted by formby@May 7 2005, 12:14 PM
when i'm driving and i go to down shift or when i decelerate then acelerate fast...i hear/feel something knocking (loose) agaist the floor board by the clutch pedal..

so i checked under the car and it seems like the rack and pinion is shot......when i 5turn the wheel from one side to the other (fast) i hear it rattle around....

i have a 91 std crx; can i use any EF rack????

i checked ebay nothing....where could i get a new or rebuild? i am going to check the local yards

any info is apreciated
[post=496310]Quoted post[/post]​

you can't use any EF rack as the EF is the 88-91 JDM cars which have right hand drive - you can however, use any 88-91 USDM ED CRX/Civic rack

Originally posted by formby@May 7 2005, 08:25 PM
ohh okay...

so as long as its 88-91 usdm civic 2-3-4 door it will fit?
[post=496433]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, unless it is power steering

since we are on the topic of steering racks, i have heard the CRX Si has a different ratio in the rack for more responsive steering.
is this true??

good question....

but it wasnt the rack...i guess i over tightened the camber adjuster...so the bolt broke....i put a new one and it did the same thing...lol...thank god i have more....

Back