RACTIVE Upper rear strut bar...???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QuicSilver

I would like to know the difference in performance in a RACTIVE upper rear for about $50, compared to say a Neuspeed for around $150? Now is it just the name or does it make a huge handling difference? It is just a BAR. I already got the Nuespeed upper front, just looking at the rear. I have a 90 CRX w/ b16a swap.

The design of the bar determins its flex. The mounting points of that bar will also play a big part in how the bar works. You are paying for a name, but you're also paying for the R&D of that company. Do some research...you'll probably see that if someone is looking for better handling, the better product will be used more often. But what the hell do I know...I just buy stuff.

The nuespeed front is only a hundred and is probally the best bar for the price, and only way to get better is by spending 300+. It is solid (no hinges) plus, in a dual wishbone suspension, almost all the force is on the Upper control arms, not the shock mount, where as in McFearson strut setups, most of the force from the suspension is exerted onto the strut mount.

The design of bracing the strut mount transfored over to honda's dual wishbone setup, however, in honda's, its not very effective.

Back