Radar detection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+May 10 2004, 03:28 PM-->
@May 10 2004, 03:09 PM
I've outrun cops a few times...

lets hear an anonymous story :D

There's not much to it-

Get clocked, see the cop bust a U, run and make 20 turns then hide in someone's driveway with the car off and my head down, no problems.

Get clocked at 110mph at 3am on some random Texas highway on the way back into Oklahoma, can't see the cop but it was a definite lock-on, see the cop lights coming over the hills a mile back, speed up to 140 and turn down a few farm roads and hide in the weeds for 20 minutes then get back out on the highway and head home.

I don't speed much on the highways anymore- it's just not worth it, and I have a lot more time these days on long trips than I did before.

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 10 2004, 03:25 PM
so if you get a failure to obey a traffic control device(stop sign) and your insurance is already 2K per year then that one ticket will cost you 200 bucks per year for the next 3 to 4 years depending on how long your state maintains the records...

you must already have points on your insurance to have to pay $2k a year. down here, new drivers with limited license is ~$700/6-month, and usually your first offense(like running a stop sign, which is 4 points here) gets omitted.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 10 2004, 04:24 PM-->
Originally posted by Tonyd0821@May 10 2004, 03:28 PM
Calesta
@May 10 2004, 03:09 PM
I've outrun cops a few times...

lets hear an anonymous story :D

There's not much to it-

Get clocked, see the cop bust a U, run and make 20 turns then hide in someone's driveway with the car off and my head down, no problems.

Get clocked at 110mph at 3am on some random Texas highway on the way back into Oklahoma, can't see the cop but it was a definite lock-on, see the cop lights coming over the hills a mile back, speed up to 140 and turn down a few farm roads and hide in the weeds for 20 minutes then get back out on the highway and head home.

I don't speed much on the highways anymore- it's just not worth it, and I have a lot more time these days on long trips than I did before.

Heh, good shit mang. I usually only speed out on the backroads/highways and whatnot...city racing isn't for me. Too many retarded people around here.

I only "selectively speed." I won't do it on my own- there has to be someone about a half mile or more in front of me that I'm following, or I have to be in a dense pack of people- or I have to have REALLY good visibility.

hmmm... i guess i should mention that NY insurance rates are out of control...

new driver here with 6 hour safety course and drivers ed is still pushing close to 2K with a clean record...

i'm about 1800 now which is the lowest yearly bill to date
lol

Originally posted by K2e2vin+May 10 2004, 04:42 PM-->
reckedracing
@May 10 2004, 03:25 PM
so if you get a failure to obey a traffic control device(stop sign) and your insurance is already 2K per year then that one ticket will cost you 200 bucks per year for the next 3 to 4 years depending on how long your state maintains the records...

you must already have points on your insurance to have to pay $2k a year. down here, new drivers with limited license is ~$700/6-month, and usually your first offense(like running a stop sign, which is 4 points here) gets omitted.

FUCK!

My ghetto 93 sube just cost me 900 / 6 mo. to insure. And i have a clean record, never even been pulled over, and i have deductions already like good student, mult. car etc.
Thats a bitch.

What really blows is i talked to the insurance peeps about a 99 Civic Si and it'll cost me fuckin 2800 a year. Thats fuckin 230 a month. 230!!!!! And i have a CLEAN record.
Insurance is such a bitch.

Originally posted by tdg@May 12 2004, 01:29 AM
FUCK!

[The Goat] FUCK [/The Goat]

Adam Sandler rocks.

Well my insurance went up, 208 monthly now on just the Si.

209*6= $1254
209*12= $2508

FUCK state farm.

Interesting. My insurance is with State Farm. They've always treated me well- low rates, awesome service- but maybe that's because my family's been with the same agent for the last 28 years.

they treated me well, gave me 1200 when i wrecked the 91 Geo I had... BUT 200 a month for a Civic? even if it is the top of the line Civic model on a self insured 21 year olds account...pluh

Damn, that's really high. Like I said, both my cars together don't even come out to $200 a month, even when I was 21.

Yes it is. I'm calling Progressive and Geico tomorrow...I want real time quotes per month.

ive got good news
i just saved an assload of money by switching my car insurance away from geico

93 del sol Si w/ geico = $1200 for 6 months
93 del sol Si + 94 MX3 GS w/ allstate = $610 for 6 months
93 del sol Si + 00 insight (full coverage) = $690 for 6 months

FUCK GEICO

Insurance is completely dependent on the type of car you drive. If you drive one of the most stolen cars in the country, i.e. a civic, an integra, etc., the insurance companies are going to take you for all you've got. Some people just get lucky, others just get plain screwed. I was paying about 250 per month for my 91 integra, an 89 mazda 626, and a 91 cbr 600f1. I suspended coverage of the integra, and now I am paying 80 per month. BTW this is all liability only coverage. WTF 170 a month drop just for taking the 13 year old integra off the insurance? These companies just figure that they have so many idiots raping THEM (phony insurance fraud bs) that they figure they have the right to rape anyone else they see fit.

Is anyone's more than mine's gonna be?? $230/mo??? I mean i dont even have the car yet but already i'm thinkin damn how am i gonna pull this off. Its all good tho i'm still gonna get it, its worth it. I've wanted a 99 Si for years and this shit isnt gonna keep me back but damn, $230 a month is bullshit i dont care wtf kind of car youre driving. I got no record, an still they rape u.

It doestn help that thse dumb kids my age fuck up the prices. i'm like in the worst position, my price will be based on being 19 yrs old, drivin one of the most stolen cars around, the highest trim level for that year bla bla but i dont care, $230 a month is murder.

I'll look for new insurance but fuckin shit i'll find some way to pull this shit off. It would be nice to not be broke. looks like i will be. But at least i'll have a tight car.

Back