Radar/ Laser jammers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've seen some radar and laswer jammers for sale, and I got to thinking, I know you can jam radar, but how can you jam a laser? Are these laser jammers for real? There's some auctions on Ebay that say that they disable LIDAR, all bands of radar, laser, photo and a few other forms of speed measurement. Basically, it says you're invisible to the cops. Just how true is this?

Thanks.

Remember just because your "Jam" radar, the cop can still say that your going in an excessive state of speed or some BS like that.

even easier to kill laser, all you have to do is somehow diffuse/scatter the light. It will never get back to the gun

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 1 2003, 10:29 AM
Remember just because your "Jam" radar, the cop can still say that your going in an excessive state of speed or some BS like that.

its illegal right off the bat if you're jamming the radar :)

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 1 2003, 11:31 AM
even easier to kill laser, all you have to do is somehow diffuse/scatter the light. It will never get back to the gun

it's not that simple.
the easiest way is to use about 4 high power 940nm wavelength IR led's emitting from the front of the car.
remember this is 100% illegal , use this info at your own risk

ok so who has the site about building jammers and stuff?.... link em to me! i wanna build one to see if it really works. So are there any sites ot there?

i dunno about that radar test link you put up there, i have never seen the valentine one lose to anything. its been tested by several magazines and other companies and has never lost to any of them.

Ji i did a lot of research on this shit... hit me up on IM and ill let ya know whats up

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Jul 1 2003, 11:50 AM-->
liquid00meth
@Jul 1 2003, 11:31 AM

it's not that simple.
the easiest way is to use about 4 high power 940nm wavelength IR led's emitting from the front of the car.
remember this is 100% illegal , use this info at your own risk

where do i get one of those.....and how much do they cost?

those led's are prolly about $11-20 each. you can get them from Digikey.com ,Newark.com ,Alliedelec.com , Mouser.com ,one of those distributors is bound to have them.

They will have a shit load of them, you need to look for a wideband IR LED. and you want the band to peak at 940nm as that is the wavelegnth the police Laser units use. it's also the same wavelength your Laser detector looks for.

Hey, i can't find your wideband ir led on any site that you gave me. Can you help me out?
And is there a specific way to install them on the car?

when I get a chance this weekend I'll take a look thru the actual catalogs, won't happen till this weekend tho.
oh, there's also a place called jameco.com
if I get a chance while I'm working today I'll see if I can find em again.

You can get them from here LED tronics the LED's are cheep but your going to need to build a driver circuit. you can't simply plug these in and go.
pdf datasheet IR LED # L200CWIR941

or you can loo for other infrared LED that are made of "GaAs" or equivlent.

and as jamming laser signal are highly illegal it's up to you to figure out how to buld the electronic and were to mount it, I will have no part in that.
all I need is for one of you to say well this kid told me how to make it, so don't even ask

no problem man. won't tell where i got it! no problem with that..i'm old enough to know that i'm getting into serious shit if i get caught! but i live in Canada so...in canada every one is crazy!

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jul 2 2003, 09:51 AM
when I get a chance this weekend I'll take a look thru the actual catalogs, won't happen till this weekend tho.
oh, there's also a place called jameco.com
if I get a chance while I'm working today I'll see if I can find em again.

You can get them from here LED tronics the LED's are cheep but your going to need to build a driver circuit. you can't simply plug these in and go.
pdf datasheet IR LED # L200CWIR941

or you can loo for other infrared LED that are made of "GaAs" or equivlent.

and as jamming laser signal are highly illegal it's up to you to figure out how to buld the electronic and were to mount it, I will have no part in that.
all I need is for one of you to say well this kid told me how to make it, so don't even ask

Oh please dude. No cop is going to give a shit enough to go to an online message board where someone told a kid how to make one. I'm sure there's tons of places on the net that describe how to make them, if you look hard enough.

i'm just saying there's no risk here basically, u can put up the plans and what not and no one will ever care

maybe, but then hondaswap has the bad name of posting illegal information. Hmm, sponsors, who are respected business, dont want to deal with their name on that type of board.

Its more on the politics of shit.. If you want to get technical, hondaswap is a business, sponsors pay to advertise to a certain group.

with the info I've given and your interest you must have some knowledge of what to do.
all the info is there , to describe what type of circuit to build. If I'm not getting paid to make it
why should I give away my secrets. plus I have no way to 100% garauntee it will work if I did build it.
I mean yeah it seets off a laser detector. but that's all I know. I also don't wanna hear I fuggin blinded myself cause I was
a dumb ass and looked at the LED when it was on. with todays sue your ass off crazy society I'm sorry if I wanna cover my
ass.

Back