Radiator Cap for Koyo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo99

Hello, I just bought a thicker Koyo radiator for a honda civic si. Will the stock radiator cap work with this radiator? I know a Greddy cap will fit, but for what model? The Nissan or Civic? I have been told that the Nissan Greddy cap fits and have been told that a civic one will fit. Which one fits? People keep telling me different things. The radiator just arrived at my house and I haven't had the chance to look at it yet. I want to buy a radiator cap (if I need to) before I get home so I can install it. I'd appreciate it if somebody who actually knows for a fact would would reply. Thank you.

YOU DONT NEED TO BUY ONE... acctually you might have to grind down the koyo neck part where it clips on and you turn it to tighten it. make it fit. no really, a stock one should work just fine, mine does. and mine is a civic si radiator for a 92 dx hachback, so if mine works, so will yours :)

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jun 21 2005, 05:20 PM
YOU DONT NEED TO BUY ONE... acctually you might have to grind down the koyo neck part where it clips on and you turn it to tighten it. make it fit. no really, a stock one should work just fine, mine does. and mine is a civic si radiator for a 92 dx hachback, so if mine works, so will yours :)
[post=514942]Quoted post[/post]​

Great! Did you have to grind it or just forced it in? I don't want to cut the radiator if I don't have to.

a little grinding is nessesary, but not much, your not cutting it, just take some sand paper or a file and file off a bit from the edge, but only do it if the cap doesn't fit on rihgt now, first test fit it with your stock cap, then make adjustments as you go along. good luck.

Back