Radiator Fan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup..91 Civic Si B16A...i have 2 fans against the radiator in the front of the car..when the swap was performed they rigged the therostat so that the 2 fans run all the time..do i need both of these fans..if not which one is more important then another..theres a smaller one in front of the headers..and a larger one in front of the trans..the smaller one actually prevents me from adding any aftermarket headers cuz the space is so tight..(place racing mounts)..any help would be appreciated...JR

the smaller one in front of the headers is for air conditioning. if you dont have a/c you dont need it. When i swapped I took my a/c out, but I left the fan in to help the cooling effort a little. I have an integra with the double size radiator,both fans pull air through the rad. for mine. civics only have the half sized ones and only benefit from one.

yeah my a/c is coming out soon..the compressor is shot..and i choose to get rid of all the xtra weight and clutter under the hood..so i guess ill be pulling out the smaller fan in front of headers then..i need the room..appreciate the help..JR

Rmove the A/C fisrt then remove the whole radiator and replace it with a 92 civic radiator its half the size wich gives you more space all you need is one fan.check out my sig pics.

shit..i just replaced my radiator bout 3 months ago..didnt know that info till now..i ended up just getting a all aluminum rad..but i deff appreciated the info on the website..the a/c and fan is all comin out very soon..as i have the time from work and shit..cant wait to yank that shit out!!!..JR

i still only need 1 fan on the rad with the stock radiator..correct??
the one in front of the trans..

Back