radiator hoses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ED9man

I am about to purchase a first gen B16A swap for my 88 CRX Si and I looked at the read only section for the odd parts I would need.

It says:
Upper Radiator Hose: 92 GSR, trim to fit
Lower Radiator Hose: 90 Integra, trim to fit
Throttle Cable: 90 Integra

What trims for the lower hose and throttle cable? It does not specify.

Originally posted by ED9man@Aug 30 2004, 10:36 PM
I am about to purchase a first gen B16A swap for my 88 CRX Si and I looked at the read only section for the odd parts I would need.

It says:
Upper Radiator Hose: 92 GSR, trim to fit
Lower Radiator Hose: 90 Integra, trim to fit
Throttle Cable: 90 Integra

What trims for the lower hose and throttle cable? It does not specify.
[post=384062]Quoted post[/post]​

If you use your stock radiator, you will need to really tighten those hoses. The GSR hoses are a bigger diameter than stock ef. I had to use some permatex and two clamps to stop the leaking.

One other thing you could do if you want to use your stock radiator is you could shim the radiator neck. When you take out the old motor look at the old radiator hoses. If you look at the radiator hoses you'll notice how thick they are. Now look along the length of both upper and lower radiator hose and see if you have another rubber hose ON TOP of the rad hose. Usually at teh bends you'll see another rubber hose on top of the rad hose and you'll see that this outer hose is thinner then the main radiator hose.

This thin rubber hose is what I used to shim the radiator upper and lower in/outlet. I didn't try the old radiator hose from my DX because it looked to be too thick, so I used the outer rubber hose on the bend instead. I cut it so it would wrap completely around the radiator oulets, and I sprayed it with a little WD40. Installed a worm gear clamp on each outlet, careful not to tighten too much so that I wouldn't crack the plastic rad necks. You just have to make sure that you cut it to the correct length so that there are no gaps in the shim.

I've been running it like this on my swap for 1 month and no signs of leaks.

Back