radiator issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
i have a 91 hatch that my dad bought brand new and handed down to me and the other day when i was driveing the radiator f-in exploded. thats not my issue though, my issue is that everywere i go to get a new one they are a differant size? the one in my car is only 23" wide and all the ones that anyone else sells is 26 1/4"? has anyone else ever had this problem?:confused:

i have a 91 hatch that my dad bought brand new and handed down to me and the other day when i was driveing the radiator f-in exploded. thats not my issue though, my issue is that everywere i go to get a new one they are a differant size? the one in my car is only 23" wide and all the ones that anyone else sells is 26 1/4"? has anyone else ever had this problem?:confused:
the 22 3/8" radiators came in the 88-91 Civic STD, 4-speed, D15B1 engine and the 88-91 CRX HF, D15B6 engine - the 26 1/4" radiator came in all the rest - maybe you aren't asking for the right one? - i checked Autozone and they list both radiators for the CRX and Civic - you can also use the wider radiator in your car by using the driver's side upper mounting bracket from any of the 88-91 Civic /CRXs that had the wider radiator - the bracket is triangular shaped like the one on the passenger side instead of rectangular like yours - the wider radiator and the triangular bracket will bolt right into your car

the EG radiator won't fit in your car - it is too tall and hits the hood

Last edited:
innovation front cross member with the mishimoto half rad and slim fan fits nice. I can get some pics up in a few days in interested in seeing how it fits. pm me and let me know

Back