Radiator question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noodles

I've been driving around for almost a year with a bad radiator (stupid idea, but I don't drive long distances at all... so I've been fine). Anyway, I'm in the market for a new one and I'm wondering which one has more heat dissipation, copper or aluminum? I'm pretty sure copper does a better job. But when I was looking around, the aluminum ones cost a little more than the copper ones... so it got me thinking. Does it cost more because it's better heat dissipation or is it because aluminum is lightweight? I don't care about weight, just heat.

FAL (flex-a-lite) makes fans not radiators

If you want the best, go with Fluidyne, cant beat em. A little pricey but hands down the best.

as a metal copper is a better conductor vs aluminium.
although copper weights about 2.3x as much as aluminium

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 8 2003, 12:11 PM
FAL (flex-a-lite) makes fans not radiators

:werd:

if i were in your shoes i would look at Fluidyne and/or a stock dual-core unit.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 8 2003, 03:08 PM
aluminum, better and lighter. aluminum is a super conductor.

copper has a higher coef. of thermal conductivity actually. the main advantage of a copper core radiator is that they can be recored/rebuilt, but they are heavier. if you have ever picked up a stock honda radiator, you would know theyre not heavy at all to begin with. i would go with a stock replacement unless you do some kind of racing.

I bought a radiator that had a life time gaurantee, it was a GSR radiator with brass endtanks welded into the core of the radiator...and it only costed 100 bucks...

consider other things when upgrading your radiator

Back