Radiator solutions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ckage83

Radiator solutions? Renamed: Sourcing all the swap parts

I am assembling a parts list for my B18c5 swap into an EK chasis. One of the things I will need is a new radiator. Which radiator should I get. By that I mean, I obviously want good cooling power but which motor do I buy it for? If I get a replacement DX radiator it will be too small, but the type r radiator is huge since it fits in the integra frame.

I'm thinking either Koyo or Fluidyne. With a FAL fan upgrade. Which vehicle application should I search for?

Thanks.
~Chris

Last edited:
radiator doctor is who i got my Koyo through.. decent deals with a warrantee..

the alt. should be fine.. you want to change the belts while the motor is still out of the car

have a welder? throw in a 95-01 teg radiator! you just have to relocate the support brackets

I'd get a new timing belt from honda. All other belts you can find at your local autozone. You don't need to replace any belts. When I did my swap, I just replaced the timing belt as to save me the trouble in the future. The stock one looked fine. I left the accesory belts the same because they were in good shape.

Don't buy parts from the dealer if you can find it elsewhere...including timing belts. Seriously. You'll pay way too much. You can find timing belts at Autozone or any autoparts store of your choice.

I'd def. replace the timing belt before installing the motor just because it's cheap insurance and easier to do with it out of the car already.

The rest of the accessory belts you can do visual inspections on and if they don't look cracked or worn, I'd wait. They shouldn't be to hard to swap with the motor installed.

It looks like I will be replacing the following:
Radiator + hoses
Water pump w/timing belt and gasket
clutch+flywheel
plugs and wires.

My swap also had lower miles. instead of getting a new water pump, which isn't exactly cheap, I inspected it by testing it for any shaft play, and made sure it spun freely.

Ebay seems like a good source for some stuff. A new waterpump with belt and tensioner is only $80 shipped.

Back