Radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
I have a B20B swap in my EF hatch. I need to replace the radiator. My previous plans of a turbo led me to researching which radiators to get, and based on my research, it appears that a 96 Del Sol radiator is half size and dual core.

My question is if this will be enough to cool it. I currently have the fan wired so it is on all the time. Seems to be the only way to keep it cool. Based on my research, the Del Sol radiator should be sufficient to cool everything, and my intentions of getting a better fan are there, I just want to make sure that I don't purchase something that is not going to work and waste my money.

Auto Zone has the radiators for $100 with a lifetime warranty--worth the purchase? Should I be looking in a different direction?

if you have overheating problems now with your ef radiator, then even though it's dual core, the sol radiator likely wont solve all your problems. fluidyne however makes a half size radiator for the ef that cools better, but costs more. if it were my decision, i'd save for the fluidyne, no sense spending money on something that doesn't solve ALL your needs. it'll give room for a turbo, and keep it cool, even in hot climates.

I have a B20B swap in my EF hatch. I need to replace the radiator. My previous plans of a turbo led me to researching which radiators to get, and based on my research, it appears that a 96 Del Sol radiator is half size and dual core.

My question is if this will be enough to cool it. I currently have the fan wired so it is on all the time. Seems to be the only way to keep it cool. Based on my research, the Del Sol radiator should be sufficient to cool everything, and my intentions of getting a better fan are there, I just want to make sure that I don't purchase something that is not going to work and waste my money.

Auto Zone has the radiators for $100 with a lifetime warranty--worth the purchase? Should I be looking in a different direction?

i always run aluminum "half step" rads in my boost projects. if youre budget minded, goto ebay store: just intercoolers. decent units at 1/3 the price of fluidyne! otherwise, you know what to do(name brand). as far as mounting, just fab up some metal tabs to bolt to your rad support. very easy. oh, and the cooling capacity is just fine for street cars. good luck and happy boosting!

I got the full sized Fluidyne radiator...it was easier and didn't have to wait for it. I won't be going turbo in the very near future, so this will do for now.

Anyone know what cfm's the stock fan puts out? Just curious--found all sorts of info on different fan setups, but none on the stock cfm's...

Back