1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Qwikcivic, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Qwikcivic

Qwikcivic Senior Member

I have a gsr motor swapped into my 93 civic si. I currently have my si radiator in there. I plan on swapping the radiator for a gsr radiator. Is there any modifications I need to know about. Can I use the brackets from the si radiator or do I need the gsr brackets? Thanks for the help.

2. Qwikcivic

Qwikcivic Senior Member

Bump

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

yeah, I did it and you have to alter the old AC mounting metal pieces that hold the condensor in place, then you have to home depot lower brackets and drill into the front subframe.

If you check out the original honda hybrid site they have a link on there and an actual write up about doing the GSR radiator swap, if you wan you can just upgrade to a delsol vtec dual core radiator without having to do all of the above. good luck.

Milan

4. Qwikcivic

Qwikcivic Senior Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention I don't have AC. So can I just swap the grs radiator in?

5. junhondasi

junhondasi Member

i think u still have to alter one of the lower mounts

6. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

is the older SI radiator 1 or 2 core? the newer civics SIs 99+ use 2 cores so
    why bother? just use the 2 core SI radiator if it still over heats then upgrade to a 12 or 14" aftermarket cooling fan and if you still have problems then somethings really wrong

having a 2 core SI radiator with stock fan my temp guage never went over 1/3 high with the 14" aftermarket fan its alittle bit lower

Yes its true you have a B18 and I have a B16 but then again you don't have a turbo stuck on your motor and yet mine never gets up past 1/3 even when it was 95 out

would I upgrade to a GSR Radiator? never ever ever it takes up way to much room
    and for something thats not needed

check out my angelfire.com site for pictures of the standard radiator vs the bigger SI radiator I paid $115 for it brand new

if angelfire lets me link it.... heres the pic if not look in my sig http://www.angelfire.com/ky/zulater/honda/rad.jpg

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted