Radiator?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just snagged an 88 CRX DX for 200 bucks, only the guy rear ended sombody and broke the top of the stock radiator(installed a new stock radiator, battery and 4 new tires and im rolling good). since i am swapping in a B16 in a few months is there a better unit OTHER than the Fluidyne replacement one that will fit/work in the crx? maybe from a Teg or Civic Si ?

nah, your stocker should be fine, the CRX has a much longer radiator than the EG series...maybe upgrade to a new unit with welded end tanks for extra pressure support.

i got a fluidyne in my crx/b16 and it barely fits in there with the stock fan..good luck with your swap

Originally posted by kingwilly@Oct 3 2003, 01:20 PM
i got a fluidyne in my crx/b16 and it barely fits in there with the stock fan..good luck with your swap

i was worried about clearance issues, so i was thinking either a low profile FAL unit or switching to a puller style fan!

it will fit with the stock fan,but its close..i have place racing mounts so i dunno if that makes a differnce..what kind of mounts are you gonna run?

a good alternative to spending loads of cash is to just get a rex radiator with welded brass endtanks, and then get some FAL fans..

Lets not forget that your motor needs to get to operating temperature.

my bro's crx had a jdm b16a with the stock raidator. it ran just fine for the 2 years he had it, and lets say his car was driven hard and put away wet. so i would say the stock is fine.

Originally posted by kingwilly@Oct 3 2003, 01:46 PM
it will fit with the stock fan,but its close..i have place racing mounts so i dunno if that makes a differnce..what kind of mounts are you gonna run?

i am leaning more toward Hasport for the mounts, how much are the Place Racing mounts? their site is under construction, or is there somewhere else to buy em?

you can call them..ill look for the phone# if you still want it..most people go with hasport,but i had place make me some custom ones since i didnt want to do any modifications to my subframe with a hammer.=)

Back