radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOWCIVSiR

i just recently bought a 1994 Civic Dx hatch with a blown head gasket !
for a very good price!!

I changed head gasket of which very obvious was bad! around the cyl sleeves it was caked
with burn oil and coolant! and the gasket was broken thru any, how i got all the gaskets
changed and all put together nothing broken or extra, i have to adjust the timing its running
rough right now!! i think i have wires out of the 1342 order! but i what am asking why is the
radiator overflowing!! the car its not overheating! rad fan comes on! temp gauge dont get to the
hot range at all! i hear bubbles in the radiator! and it comes come out the rad cap! could it be that
rad is clogged? please if any one has any tips or comments!!!

as far as the car has 200.000 on the clock, but i dont think its the original engine
the pistons are clean as a wistle, there was some build up on the valves of which got
cleaned up, but i just dont understand why the coolant backs out!! car was smoking
pretty bad! before head gasket! now its clean! nothing coming out the muffler like before!
you could see oil and coolant!

any comments or suggestion are greatly appreciated

thanks!!!!

change the radiator cap. at normal opperating temp you are very close to 212 degrees so your cap just might have a bad seal.

Did you send the head to a machine shop to check for level and cracks? That is a must when you have any kind of sealing and/or overheating problem. :confused:

Bleed the system? Make sure all the air is out (bleeder screw on the upper coolant inlet), and also check to see that the overflow bottle is filled correctly.

Back