1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radio code

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by breed, Nov 11, 2004.

1. breed

breed Senior Member

my damn battery died in my civic and now my radio has that code crap. is there anyway to bypass it or does anyone know a master code?
  2. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

There is no master code. Take your VIN# and your registration to a dealership and they will give you the code for it... unless you have an older Honda, in which case you will need to give them the serial number on the back of your radio also.
  3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

I dunno what code you mean.

Easiest solution....New Pioneer Head Unit, even the cheapest one is decent
  4. jamesA

jamesA Well-Known Member

Media:

You need a code for the headunit itself, so if it gets stolen it's useless to the thief without it.
  5. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

If he bought it from a private party, no he didn't get screwed. All a Honda dealership needs is proof of ownership of the vehicle and they will give him the code for free. They don't want to give out those codes to just anyone.

Otherwise, if you need to disconnect your car's battery and the car has a anti-theft radio or head unit in it AND you don't know the code, there are ways to prevent the unit from going into safe mode. B)