radio code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lakewood

how can get the code to fix the radieo in my 99 accord ex. the battery went bad.

you can get the code for you RADIO at a dealership. or i think you can get it off the back of the RADIO

Check the owners manual for a number that was written in ink pen, usually near the back. If not, check the underside of the fuse cover under the hood.. Dealers used to put it there. If you have the manual, it is almost always in there, or on a business card inside.

If that fails, hit up the dealer, they can look it up. Don't take "no" or "we can't" for an answer. They most certainly can.

these are all correct to a fair degree. the business card mentioned in here is an owners card that comes in the owners pack which includes the owners manual. that is where one of the radio code stickers is placed. the other is placed by the technician in a spot he or she feels other technicians will easily find it. i placed mine behind the glove box on its backside. why would i do this? because when we service cars a regular service includes the replacing of the A/C filters. to do this we would need to remove the glove box. techs will see the code sticker and remember where it is because usually dealers let techs work on the same customer cars every time they come back. now other locations for the code sticker include under fuse box covers. anywhere that a technician would normally run into it while servicing a car. the dealership can also give it to you if you bring them the registration and your ID.

Back