Radio light barely lights up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sapman1992

I have a 1995 Honda Civic Ex and one night I took off the front part of my radio, where all the buttons are. When I put it back on, the light to the radio stopped lighting up. You can barely see the screen during the day but during the night its completely black and you can't see anything. Luckily I already have my stations preset and I don't need to go around finding stations in the dark but if I had to, I would be screwed. Does anyone know why this could have happened?

something is not lined up or plugged in properly
something is broken
the light is blown
you have glaucoma
your radio doesnt like you
its time to get a new radio

take your pick

1. Everything is lined up and plugged in right.
2. Nothing broke.
3. It lights up barely during the day so its not blown.
4. No.
5. No.
6. I'm not keeping this car so no. I was just curious.

does it go dark at night cuz you turn on ur headlights???maybe electical and a coincidence of timing from when you removed your faceplate...just an educated guess...and is this an aftermarket radio or stock???

Its stock. I don't think it dims when I turn on my lights, I'll try that out today. Regardless of if it does, it still means that the light itself darkened significantly for some reason.

I don't know if it's related, but my inside light that lights up the inside of my car occasionally works. One day it'll work, the next it won't.

1. Everything is lined up and plugged in right.
2. Nothing broke.
3. It lights up barely during the day so its not blown.
4. No.
5. No.
6. I'm not keeping this car so no. I was just curious.

it would work fine then wouldn't it?

I think you may have plugged it crooked or pinched a pin of some sort.
seems to me like a weak connection and I'm willing to bet it's a ground issue.

can you take any pics?

Back