Rads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90vtec

I got a new rad from the junk. I think it's from an auto because it has two extro port in the bottom. I thinkit's for the tranny oil cooler. I have the rad in and those ports are unplugged and don't leak. Anybody know if this is a tranny oil cooler and if it is, could I use it for an engine oil cooler?

they are the ports for auto tranny cooler. I have never heard of anyone cooling their oil with it though. On some d series engines, there is like an adapter or something like that, that goes behind the oil filter that has coolant running through it to cool the oil. You might try one of those. As for the ports on your rad, I would just cap them off with some plastic caps.

:D

Ya. No need to cap the holes unless I want them to look better. My ZC actually has a factory oil cooler on the rear of the block. It come from a tap in the block to the cooler no bigger than a CD. It's where I tapped my Oil Pres auge in after my block fitter broke.

Back