1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

raidoheads new album for free

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by nootrac22, Oct 1, 2007.

1. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

nice..

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

very nice. i will be buying this album... for a buck :lol:

4. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ah, you'll be buying the music only, they have in addition a nice package that you can purchase that includes more goodies than just the music CD

Full article from Techdirt
    Radio Head Article

The band Radiohead is apparently coming out with a new album; the first after its original record deal was completed. It appears that, like many other musicians, they're realizing that the traditional recording industry business model doesn't quite make sense for them. While there was some buzz about an apparent hoax website about the band's new album, it turns out the real thing is a bit more interesting. That's because Radiohead is doing two smart things. It's telling fans they can name their own price for digital downloads. You just pay the band however much you think the downloads are worth and they'll be happy. But that's not all (though, that's what most folks are focused on). Rather than just offering up the content, they're also trying to give people a reason to actually buy something else. In this case, it's a "discbox," which will include the new album on both CD and vinyl, as well as an additional CD of seven extra songs and photos, artwork and lyrics. The whole thing will be packaged in a nice container. In other words, the band is following in the footsteps of folks like Trent Reznor, in realizing that the music is promotional for other stuff -- and you can still sell stuff if you make it worthwhile. In this case, Radiohead isn't really selling the "music." After all, you can get that for free. They're selling the full collection of stuff that comes with the music. Funny how it's the musicians, and not the record labels, who seem to realize that adding value and getting people to pay for it is a business model that beats suing fans.

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Here is a direct link to the release website R A D I O H E A D

I've been waiting years for this day...
    I can't wait for my boxed set to get here!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

not even worth a $1 to me..... if i hear this thom guy whining one more time, i might kill the cheezeburger kitten

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted