raising engine rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

noob question.....what parts are replaced and/or what is done to a stock N/A motor that raises the rpm's it can safely rev to??

Springs/retainers to keep the valves from floating, and pistons/rods so things hold together at higher revs. To make power up high- it's all in the head. Port/polish, cams.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 8 2005, 11:15 PM
Springs/retainers to keep the valves from floating, and pistons/rods so things hold together at higher revs. To make power up high- it's all in the head. Port/polish, cams.
[post=523002]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm... yeah. What he said.

(can't you be more vauge Cal so we have something to add?) :p

basically make anything that moves lighter/balanced and stronger. It will help in acceleration as well as allow you to raise your rev limiter, which requires programming the ECU. depending on weight savings everything will GO better.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 8 2005, 10:37 PM
Ummm... yeah. What he said.
(can't you be more vauge Cal so we have something to add?) :p
[post=523021]Quoted post[/post]​

Vague. :p

That was plenty vague.... there's tons of room for people to add more. :)

I dont even know why i'm bothering posting. Its all in the valve springs. That'll get you way higher. but its of no use if you dont have any power up there.

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 23 2005, 05:42 PM
I dont even know why i'm bothering posting. Its all in the valve springs. That'll get you way higher. but its of no use if you dont have any power up there.
[post=530154]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactamundo, it does no good to spin your engine to 12,000rpms, if no more air/fuel is coming in, or being combusted than at 7200rpms.

Back