Rally against war in Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
on c-span right now. i cant watch this shit anymore. all it is, is a bunch of hippies crying about bush and how hes racist and god knows what else. these people are tools.

discuss

The war against terrorism is not the same war as the one we a fighting in iraq. We went about it is a horribly wrong way also. I undrstand why people in iraq would be upset, we did disrupt their country quite a bit. it seems that complaining doesn't get anything done. Hippies should start blowing themselves up to stop the war.

I just think it is strange for how long we have been there and we still haven't found Bin Laden????? Can you say Bush is hiding him.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 24 2005, 01:45 PM
I just think it is strange for how long we have been there and we still haven't found Bin Laden????? Can you say Bush is hiding him.
[post=559787]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you saying that bin laden is in iraq?

Yay another thread that's going to turn into people writing a book of a post.

I bet this reaches at least 3 pages before it gets locked.

im not agreeing with the war 100% but damn these people are stupid. they are just agreeing with everything they hear thats against bush. they only see their side of the argument, and what they percieve to be the truth (whether it may or may not b true in reality). the whole NO thing is a perfect example. everyone is saying that bush is racist because of lack of timely help, and that it was because most the poeple were black. thats BS. half of the people didnt even talk about the war, they just went up there to whine.

One thing people forget is that we removed one of the top five dangerous dictators in the world out of power. He wasn't just dangerous to us but his own people. He was torturing and raping his own people. I won't even elaborate on the horrors that have happened there that we stopped. President Bush isn't perfect, and NO POLITICIAN is. Period. However, Bush is the best choice we've got and he's doing a fine job and I'm proud to be an American.

Originally posted by jimboburgess+Sep 24 2005, 10:47 AM-->
integraslut78
@Sep 24 2005, 01:45 PM
[post=559787]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you saying that bin laden is in iraq?
[post=559788]Quoted post[/post]​

Not necessarily but we should know where he is by now don't you think?
Unless someone is protecting him for a reason. Who knows. I was just putting in my .02 on this thread but I have to admit I don't know shit about politics.

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 24 2005, 04:56 PM

It's hard to argue with the fact that aid was waiting at Florida's boarder during last year's hurricane season and that Bush was far too busy with his vacation to be an actual leader for Katrina.
[post=559847]Quoted post[/post]​

it still has nothing to do with them being black, which is the argument of most of them.

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 24 2005, 05:56 PM
Bush is not doing a fine job, he's going down in history as one of this nation's worst Presidents.

That's what people said about Reagan in the 1980s, and now he's regarded as one of the best US presidents ever. Food for thought. =)

There is and never has been a justification for the invasion and occupation of Iraq. Every reason the Bush administration gave to try and persuade us to go along with it was proven to be a lie. There were no weekly suicide bombings in Iraq before the invasion. There were no weekly car bombings. We turned Iraq from an oppressive dictatorship into a chaotic war zone. And all to get rid of a man who had nothing to do with Al Qaeda. The man who did, Al Zarqawi, was living in an area of Iraq that was not in Hussein's control. All the Iraq invasion accomplished was to create a diversion from the supposed "hunt" for Bin Laden. All the Republican sympathizers who say that anyone who criticizes Bush for the invasion is anti-American and is disrespecting the troops is completely full of shit. Since when is forming your own opinion un-American? In fact, it's the other way around. Going along with whatever the government tells you to is NOT patriotic. It's communist.

However I don't think the protesters are doing anything good except giving the majority of Americans, who are against the war in Iraq, something to feel good about: that other people also feel the same way. That's about it. They're not really accomplishing anything else by protesting. I sympathize with them, but I don't think it's going to make things better.

Originally posted by According to Aaron+Sep 24 2005, 07:05 PM-->
@Sep 24 2005, 05:56 PM
Bush is not doing a fine job, he's going down in history as one of this nation's worst Presidents.

That's what people said about Reagan in the 1980s, and now he's regarded as one of the best US presidents ever. Food for thought. =)
[post=559876]Quoted post[/post]​

Reagan is regarded as one of the best US presidents ever by many people who have access to a national audience, and by those people who didn't suffer as a result of his domestic policies. Those of us in the middle class, who saw the cost of living go up disproportionately to the average household income do not feel the same way about Mr. Reagan. He was a terrible president to us. The gap between the rich and the poor grew at an unprecedented rate during the Reagan years. He really didn't accomplish much during his administration. He was responsible for reducing inflation by reducing the amount of money in circulation, which was great. And he did preside over the collapse of East Germany, and the beginning of the end of the Cold War. But what really did that accomplish?

All the Cold War was about was just two contrasting philosophies of what the ideal form of government is, and hundreds of thousands of American soldiers lost their lives in futile attempts to stop the spread of this other form of government into Korea and Vietnam. So the end of this cold war was a good thing, but only because it put an end to this protracted exercise in paranoid stupidity.

So Reagan may make it into some history books because of those two things, and good for him. But in reality he wasn't a great president.

Bush is a horrible president. He's running the country into the ground. The only way history will look fondly on him is if he dies of a heart attack in office, and saves us from any further damage. That would be a positive accomplishment for him. But only if Cheney croaks first.

Cheney's knee surgery went well. damnit. :(

anyway, i'm telling you. a dem in the pres and a rep maj house is the best way to get the gov't in check. vote properly. :)

someone post my pic fo 2058... i forgot it

I'm gonna see how the two noobs here do against the most liberal voices of Hondaswap.

Lemme fire up some jiffy pop.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 25 2005, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna see how the two noobs here do against the most liberal voices of Hondaswap.

Lemme fire up some jiffy pop.
[post=560073]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bo: :bo:

(Ps. I'm done participating in these threads, i agree with B on most of this shit, so just put me down in the half shitted on opinion list.)

Political affliations aside, It's sad to see these people organizing this event, logistics and all - with food, water, signs, and transportation, when there are currently (2) two disaster areas in the US in desperate need of help. If they really cared about The US, and about our "children" theyd put aside their hippy ways and drive down to NO or Texas to help out with the relief effort. Why? Hell, they could make a PR stunt out of it for all I care, Call it "AID BECUZ BUSH 1s T3H SUCK" - see if I notice.

But that would make sense now, wouldn't it?

Damn hippies.

Back