ran car w/ new setup tonite...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

gsr block..b16 head w/ skunk2 cams,valves,retainers, and intake mani...rsr exhaust...type r header....aem cai

i ran a 15.3 at 90.xx mph...

i couldnt not get traction what so ever...i was using 14" steelies with bullshyt dunlops...i think that was my prob., i dunno i dropped the psi down to 20 i dunno if that was good to do or not to. ..i want slicks that will fit those steelies? where can i find them? i am really disturbed. i was feathering the clutch perfectly but the tires would just not catch...

and on the last run i slip the fuckin shyt out of my clutch..people in the bleachers probally smelt it..the clutch didnt grap till 3rd gear and it was realeased all the way the whole time too...i was surpised i didnt completly blow it into pieces. (exedy stage 2)

i was runnning constent 15.4-5's with my stock b16... :angry:

so i reread this post and i sound like a rambling asshole..just need to bare w/ me :p

Uhh yeah, you should be easily into the mid 14's.....

I know many people with less extensive set ups and on steelies were in 14's....

Practice makes perfect. I say stick with it, over time, I'm guessing you could bring that down to easily 14.8 on the same set up.

yea i know i should be in the 14's easily...im hoping because it was drizzling on and off...everyone i talked to said they wernt running their best either, but not so much slower

and i forgot that i still have a fuckin LS trany under the hood that i kinda pushed to the side when buying parts for the motor...

Yeah that might have to do with some of it, but 90mph is good for high 14's.

What kind of 60's were you running?

You think His times are bad ....look what i ran at palmdale 2 weeks back....

frist run... 16.2
second.....15.2

the car has never bin to the dyno...and i think the rings are gone..........

A b16 head w/portflow valve train,valve job,
CnC drag ported
head milled 20 under
2 layer head gasket
skunk2 stage 2 cams
L Natural cam gears,
stock gsr header
Ls bottem end w/p30 pistons,
Itr manifold,
In a 91 Hatch dx w/azens tires 15' in
2 1\2 strait piping all the way back w/ez muffler
b16 s1 tranny
vafc controller

I Think palmdale sucks, I was tied to the tree with no traction. my best time with stock B18C5 and 5psi was 14.2 and that I think really sucks,my rings were definatly toast, when I pulled # 3 piston out there was 1 1/2 inch of Ring land cracked and came off the piston.

the first poster: you need traction and better gearing to get the full potential from your motor, I have only run a 15.xx 1320 once, and that was with a 3.9SECOND 60footer...

I am sure if you get an ITR/B16/GSR tranny and get low low 2 second 60footers, you'll be hitting low low 14's for sure, good luck.

Back