Random Celerity Thought Generator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Most LCD panels made within the last few years have almost no burn-in. Plasma still does, but even those are not nearly as bad as they used to be.

I'd only be worried if it were a CRT.

The Celerity Intergalactic Dictionary defines the Television as ...

"A rather expensive box that humans gather all of their possessions around. It is the centerpiece of their homes, and at a high cost, will feed images of advertisements and fiction to their consumers*."

"The Idiot factor in this device has roughly been explained in the above definition."

"Also note: The purchaser of a Television will also pay more than $100 monthly to view the advertisements. No significant change in technology has been reported since 1985."

An excerpt from the The Celerity Intergalactic Dictionary on the subject of Video Game Consoles:

"The video game console is much like a personal computer. It contains similar parts, an operating system and a universal hard-drive, with an accessible system memory RAM space. When placed in comparison with it's PC counterpart, even the most advanced gaming system is worth a $100 PC. Even those humans who are aware of this comparison will pay $400 or more for one. A reason is yet to be found."
Also,
"A handsome reward is offered to our readers to answer this question, proposed by the Scholars at the Celerity Think Tank:
It would seem reasonable that when a Human joins the military, they too will have access to video games. Do those video games include a "First-person worker", Where the object of the game is for a soldier to immerse themselves in a virtual world where they awake everyday, commute to work, sit at the joystick for 8 hours, and then commute back home?"

Proof is required. The Celerity Institute, the Celerity Think Tank, and the Midnight Consulting Group also gives less weight to answers from contributors who live in Ohio. Also, all mail submissions that come from Columbus are either discarded or irradiated. "Just to be sure".

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm bored. I'm gonna go clean up the Blogs.

Edit: Ugh.. jesus. This is gonna suck. Holy christ people are stupid. I'll knock a few off every day or something.

Last edited:
C'mon already! Waiting for my laptop to arrive, on truck for delivery. Going to (hopefully) use my lunch break to go home and pick it up.

CPU's a bit slow, but it's the best video card I could find for the price ($514 with shipping):

Buy.com - HP Pavilion DV7-2180US Entertainment Laptop Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz, 17.3" HD+ LED BrightView, 6GB, 500GB HD, DVD±R/RW, Webcam, HDMI port, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit

EDIT: Crap. Same price, better CPU and video card:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V...ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1345567856&sr=1-4

I looked for weeks and didn't find anything better until I looked on a lark just now. :p I'm getting all jealous now but it's a $75 restocking fee to return mine. Ah well.

Last edited:
2011-mazda3-front-end.jpg

cf9_2225c699a3.jpg

It's a bit crazy that I've been running this site for 1/3rd of my life. And many of you have been here the same.

Just a neat tidbit I read over at Dan's Data today... Last I checked, this height was less than a human hair... And I thought that was crazy:

The "flying height" of a modern hard drive's read/write head over the platter is only about three nanometres, which means even a particle of smoke can be big enough to wedge between the platter and head and cause damage.

I've been reading his site since the 90's and I still find it a good read.

It's a bit crazy that I've been running this site for 1/3rd of my life. And many of you have been here the same.

I still remember you IMing me telling me that you were going to start the site. We had to have been 21then. Time flies.

We have processed your query. Our theologians have been meditating on this.

No.

I learned that Buster Poindexter was the Ghost of Christmas Past in Scrooged. And his real name is David Johansen. And his appearance in Miami Vice sparked homosexuality.

There are two licensed Star Trek series that I hadn't ever heard of: Hidden Frontiers and Odyssey.

How the fuck did I miss this ?

Back