randomness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
so I can't find anywhere to park during lunch, I was stopping by the dry cleaners. I pulled into the local newspapers parking lot and found a spot and got out of my car and I see "Corrola SR5" out of the corner of my eye.

It's an AE86 if I'm not mistaken

That aera of town has allot of poor people, I doubt the owner understands what he has.

what kind of offer should I make him on it?

For an SR5? No more than 800 bucks.

And I only say that much because imports, regardless of age or trim, go for rediculous prices in the northwest.

$500 if it runs. those things have the single cam in it i believe. It's the coupe version. nothing really spectacular. just put it on northwestnissans.com for $3000 and cash in on it.

The SR5 is available in both coupe and liftback, and yes it's the single cam.

And yes, if you get it for less than a grand and it's straight, resell that bitch!

where is it at? if you don't want it i'll buy it. they have drifting up here 2 times a month. Rochester and Bremerton.

oh the S14 is going nowhere trust me. This is just a cheap car I can pick up and leave for later. I have a friend who wants a good project car so I might later sell it to him "keep it in the family" ya know? can I put an R22 in that bitch?

Quoted post[/post]]
oh the S14 is going nowhere trust me. This is just a cheap car I can pick up and leave for later. I have a friend who wants a good project car so I might later sell it to him "keep it in the family" ya know? can I put an R22 in that bitch?

22R. And with some work, yeah. I think the SR5 is carb'd which would make it even easier.

"Never buy nothing if it ain't priced so low it's a steal" A tip from your uncle Cel.

Play it down as much as you can. Tell them it's a piece of shit. Maybe something like "My mom wanted that car" (One of my favorites) or "I have one of these cars, and yours would be a good parts car (Insulting and ego-kicking). It's how I get bargains everywhere I turn. That said, you should get it and keep it. AE86s show no sign of slowing down (In resale) and all you need is just the right drift approach to the design (Just matte black it, stick some wats on it and some ridiculously large "Drift Nation" vinyl on it at an angle) and it'll sell like mad.

obviously buying a car requires checking out the engine, that should tell me everything I need to know. If I ever go back to FF it will be a hatch, a REX, or a 99-00 SI (and that's only cause I used to own one so there's sentimental value)

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

Make absolutely sure it's the RWD Corolla. Most of those in the US with that body style were FWD.

AE86 = always RWD. As far as a 22R in it, forget it. The trans needs swapped mounts and rear too. It's just as easy as dropping a V8 in it. Weighs about the same too.

Buy my 22R/20R Hybrid !

I just love the 22R engine, it was in my first toyota pickup and it was fucking indistructable. I'd love to rebuild one somebay but I don't want to put it in a PU I don't think

Quoted post[/post]]
I just love the 22R engine, it was in my first toyota pickup and it was fucking indistructable. I'd love to rebuild one somebay but I don't want to put it in a PU I don't think
I got your fix. Buy my 20R / 22R domed piston dual timing chain worked head hybrid motor with the 390cfm 4bbl and Offenhauser intake :)

The best of the best :)

Quoted post[/post]]
that's 20R head over a 22R block?

Is that like the 80's toyota version of LS-VTEC?

Uh... :) I dunno about pushing the redline above 5400 rpm but yeah, I guess so :) The 20R bumps up the compression while adding the better-flowing round ports and straight-through valve paths. The bottom end is the dished piston, cast-iron block and the head / intake is aluminum. The exhaust I have is the single chamber cast iron manifold from my Celica (It opens into a large dump chamber like, right out of the exhaust valves). It has a stock cam in it now, but I have a 208 grind cam for it if you toss me some loot.

The intake is the Offenhauser dual-plane and the carb is a 390 Holley in nickel. I have the throttle linkage / cable adapter too. The bottom end has NOT been rebuilt, but again if you want me to I could. The valves are also oversized / 3 angle grind and the head has NOT been P&P. I've got a box of starters, a water pump or two and LOTS of 4Runner stuff (New interior, body panels, 33" tires and wheels, etc, even a sunroof and complete roof to simply weld in place (No leaking!))

If a celica is your next gig, the stock hood won't fit on this engine. Also, I have power window lifts and inner door skins (and lots of GTA interior bits) for a 2nd gen Celica, and the power lifts will fit in the 3rd gen with minimal fabbing.

Lemme know, I'm your vintage Toyota man.

still don't see what it would be hard to put that shit in an AE86, my engine compartment on my pickup wasn't very big either...

a whole new transmission, new mounts, complete re-wire (Complete... like, under the fenders and shit) will be required.

It's just as tough as dropping a 2jzgte in there.

Back